Quality Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wachapreague Inn(Wachapreague)
Regal Inn(Onley)
View Hotel
Hotel Cape Charles(Cape Charles)
View Hotel
Peacock Motor Inn(Cape Charles)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againyogurtbed was very comfortablenc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here the night of July 15, 2012. Clean room and pool. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast. Very good value for the price. It's about 3.5 hours to OBX from this hotel. Was a good stopping point from the northeast.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you do not want to climb or carry luggage up the stairs ask for a first floor room.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is a good stopover on the way to the Outer Banks. It is about 3-4 hours to the OBX from here. The hotel is nothing special just a plain hotel. I would stay again but not for more than 1 night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here just for the night, Room 106 still does not have working internet service. I did not bother to report the problem until the morning which was at check out. The lady behind the check out counter seemed to be "surprised" that the internet service in room # 106 was not working. She should talk with the night worker who informed me that service on that side of the building was poor. The Sage Diner next door was not good at all (YUCK) ( No reflect on hotel ) The fan in the bathroom was noisy but I could live with it while in the shower. The gap under the door had me wondering if anything could crawl under the door. My sleep was good. The Breakfast was free and you get what you don't pay for. I would have liked to have some fresh fruit. Overall just someplace to lay your head down and rest. The pool was not working at the time of my visit.

Room Tip: Rooms inside seem to have better internet service.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank h202deep
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This isn't the first time we have stayed at this property and probably won't be the last because of its location and the fact that the restaurant is right next door (the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton in Exmore are further removed from decent (not fast food) dining. There is nothing fancy about this place and they do not have wi-fi...and the room placement for the hard wire cord is nowhere near the table one would use to put the computer on (had to more the table). Phone didn't work...in fact the "plug" had been cut off...but the desk clerk quickly replaced with another phone. Continental breakfast was much more extensive than I had expected...more like Hampton Inn. Staff (all) were very pleasant. And the price for the room and breakfast couldn't be beat! Room is spacious if somewhat drab...but clean. All in all, not bad.

Room Tip: An inside room (facing the pool) is nice. It was very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank UMichAlum
Reviewed February 6, 2012

So, having stayed at a Best Western in Newport News the night before, we had some expectations of what to expect when we checked in to this location on Saturday evening. It was soon clear that we were not in Kansas anymore. While both locations were reserved online, this one needed my credit card, my AARP card, my car information, etc. It was kind of a hassle, and I mentioned that the night before all of that information was in the system already.

Although we'd requested a first floor external room, because we'd also requested that we not be put in a room with a mildew smell (as mentioned in some of the reviews) they put us in an interior room. As we were unloading in the room, they call to tell us that they saw us bringing a pet in and we would have to pay extra for that. Busted. Now, ok, it is a hotel's right to charge a pet fee, but how about making that evident on the online reservation system? And honestly, our pampered show cat is cleaner than their hotel. We stay in hotels all over the place with our show cats, never before have we had to pay a pet fee. Only in a run down Best Western on the Eastern Shore. But, whatever.

We were there to look at real estate so we both had a tablet pc and had intended on doing some last minute homework on the properties we were seeing the next day. No Wi-fi. Despite the table top sign about the "Free internet access" that sat there taunting us, there was no signal at all to be found. A call to the front desk got an offer of an ethernet cord we could use, but the tablets are not equipped for that. They told us we could come sit in the lobby and maybe the wifi would work there. Come on. Nobody wants to sit in a hotel lobby when they can be relaxing in their rooms. Extremely disappointing. Especially to read a review here that says it's been down since at least September of last year. Buy a new router. People have come to expect this service and plan around it.

The room itself was showing some age although comfortable. The bathroom fan was connected to the lightswitch and it was extremely noisy. The sink, toilet and shower were all in the same room, unlike the Newport News BW from the night before, that had the sink separate from the toilet/tub. There was a small fridge/microwave with a small set of cabinets and a countertop.

We didn't even look at the free breakfast, we went to the diner next door. This particular location was not welcoming, or friendly, or even up to the chain's standard. I could not recommend it. I surely hope it isn't indicative of the "captive audience" mentality that you can run into in more remote areas. Rt. 13 on the Eastern Shore is a very well traveled road, there are plenty of other choices in the immediate area. This location really should try harder.

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms that open to the outside are the ones that smell moldy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business