“Keep on driving!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Exmore
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is a nightmare. I wanted to shower twice before leaving, but not in this hotel! I stayed the night before checking into the OBX coming from the North as a lay-over.

I cannot believe that Best Western has the audacity to charge $105 for this place. It's in a run-down town in Virginia, has no elevator, is damp and dirty. The bathrooms are not clean and the rooms have a smell. I walked into my bathroom and had two hairs on the bathroom shower wall and a bright yellow stain in my shower curtain. The outside is unkempt and was an overall disappointment.

This is the first time in my travels that I felt the need to slam a place and warn others from staying. There's a Holiday Inn Express down the road a bit and if I ever travel that way again, that would be my choice!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is a perfect mid-way location for an overnight when we travel down to the Outer Banks. We had two rooms - one was fine and other had a very musty smell to it. Jay at the front desk was great with a dinner recommendation. Wifi is free, though our daughter did need a cable as wireless was fairly weak. The continental breakfast was pretty basic and not bad.

Would we return? Probably, but only if this hotel is quite a bit less expensive than the other 2 newer ones in Exmore.

Room Tip: Room with exterior door by the pool smelled pretty bad - other interior room was fine
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Traveling with my son, daughter-in-law, and my 2 g'kids ages 2 and 4, I knew we would all need a break 1/2 way to our destination. For this- the Best Western Eastern Shore Inn
fit the bill. We arrived mid afternoon on the Friday of Fourth of July weekend. Arriving 2 hours before "official" check-in, was no problem for staff. Front desk staff was gracious, and helpful. The hotel appeared clean, the pool area was well maintained with plenty of lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. Grounds were clean cut and maintained. Across a common driveway , is a very nice little diner/restaurant with reasonable prices and fair food and alcoholic beverges if the need arises. The complimentary breakfast was not great..but the coffee was hot and there was a decent variety of food. The kids went away well fed. This was not a luxury hotel...then again we weren't paying for luxury. It provided the comfortable break we needed at a fair price. Warning: there are no elevators in this two story hotel--which may be a problem for some travelers.

Room Tip: Handicapped travelers should request 1st floor room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Eastern Shore Inn, for a reunion held in the area. We checked in Friday night, and were somewhat surprised at how nice it looked inside. The front desk person was friendly. One thing I noticed right away was how the "business center" was really just a computer sitting right by the front door, you could see the screen from outside. Also, that there was no elevator. Our room at first sight, seemed nice. Flat screen TV, king size bed, jetted tub. However the bed was very hard, the wallpaper was coming off the walls, the TV received very few channels. The best part off the room was the aforementioned jetted tub. One of the main things we didn't like about the room, was the fact that the bathroom door would not lock, at all. The AC was very loud. We asked for an extra pillow, as the room only had 3 pillows, but they had none at the front desk. The TV was new, but the rest of the room was very dated. The coffee maker was from the 80's. The guest book, had all numbers listed in the 804 area code, which has not been used in about 20 years. The coffee pot, fell of the sink and dropped to the floor, shattering, and cutting my foot several times. I went down to get a broom and a first aid kit. They had the broom, but very few bandages and no antiseptics.
The one thing that troubled us the most, was that on Saturday, a police officer was there most of the day. Investigating a robbery at the hotel.

Overall, I'm sure there are worst options in the area, but also alot better. Go to the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn, just down the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The hotel was very affordable, king sized bed was comfy for me and my family of 4, room was clean, outdoor pool was warm but the staff were really helpful. The keys weren't working but Jay was there to open all the doors for people. The other staff were very responsive too. Its not the Hilton but its near restaurants and has all the essentials.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed here because it was a good 1/2 point on our drive to the outer banks of NC. Overall I probably wouldn't stay here again. The rooms were clean(ish) nothing great, noticed a bug at our doorway, which seemed to creep under the carpet. The staff was very friendly and helpful , they let us use the breakfast area to eat dinner with our whole group ( 10 people). The pool was clean and well kept, though the water was cold! only a few of us went in. The beds were horrible, worst night of sleep I have ever had in a hotel room , and I'm not picky, can usually sleep anywhere. The breakfast in the AM was a basic hotel continental nothing fancy but for Free, It was just fine. They had toast, danishes, cereal, juices, biscuits, yogurt and oatmeal. Next time I think we'll opt for the more expensive hotel a few miles down the road.

Room Tip: wouldn't get a room by the pool , noisy
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Jay worked the evening shift when I arrived. He was very informational, attentive, and respectful. He made our stay GREAT! I was very disppointed in the breakfast. Clean rooms but needs updating. Sage next door had a great breakfast (eggs, grit or home fries, bacon, and toast)for $2.99+tax. Can't bet that. Jay provided the best customer service I've seen in a long time!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmore
Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore
Shore Stay Suites
Shore Stay Suites
#4 of 7 in Cape Charles
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!