“Good seafood”
Review of Sage Diner - CLOSED

Sage Diner
Cuisines: American
Description: The best stop on our way down and back to Virginia Beach, Kitty Hawk.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had the mixed seafood dish which included fried oysters, crab cake and scallops. There was so much food that I could take only a bite of my excellent greens. The included salad had crisp lovely lettuce, tomatoes, red cabbage, carrots, etc. My seafood was very good. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because my husband was not totally pleased with his chicken kabob: pieces on ends were overcooked, hard to avoid, I know, but still no final star. Menu is extensive and surroundings were pleasing, though simple.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Dropped in on a whim- was heading to another restaurant further south and thought I'd try the Sage.
Had clams casino and brocoli as two seperate appetizers and Amy brought them out together, both delicous and well prepared. Ordered broiled salmon and fried catfish for entre and and again was delighted by service, presentation and taste.
Amy our server was attentive friendly and gracious.
I live in Accomack county and I cant wait to visit again and recommend to friends.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Food was as expected from diner with huge menu. My parents ordered seafood and enjoyed. My turkey club was perfect. Staff was super friendly and great location. One of your best optons in Exmore.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sage Diner is a nice restaurant on the eastern shore. They primarily serve Greek style food. Our waitress was fairly friendly and was able to answer questions about the dishes. The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. I have no complaints and would eat here again if in the area. Not a 5 star greek place but a good local dive.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Chose this place because it was next door to our motel, it was late evening and we weren't very hungry so we decided to order from the 2 for $16.99 menu, BIG MISTAKE. The crab-cake was mushy and overpowered with rosemary. fried frozen shrimp straight from the box, clam chowder again overpowered with rosemary. Waitress could not have cared less, brought clam chowder instead of crab soup. dropped plates on table and disappeared, no tableware, no drink refill. I had to go to the host station to get tableware and again to get the check. Bad food and bad service.