“the real deal”
Review of Exmore Diner

Exmore Diner
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Exmore
Cuisines: American, Diner
Description: This is a staple for residents of the Lower Eastern Shore and a must visit for those driving through!
Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the real deal”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just what I'd heard .. a true old fashioned diner (NOT a retro diner meant to remind you of the real thing) This is the real thing! Good service, food was good diner food(I had liver and onions with mashed potatoes and collard greens and my wife had a salad with grilled chicken..both were yummy)

Visited July 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“May I have some food with my flies”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

So...this was my second visit to the Exmore Diner. I didn't want to return after my first visit, but my cousin insisted we try it again. Last year we sat in a booth and were swatting away flies the entire meal...the same thing happened on our second visit. There were a few less flies but still.

The food was okay. I ordered a grilled cheese and split it with one of my party who ordered a BLT so I was able to try both and both sandwiches were good.

The atmosphere is uncomfortable...people were staring at us as soon as we got out of the car...I couldn't figure out if it was because we're people of color or because we're from out of town...either way, I felt very unwelcomed. The diner is small so we initally sat at the counter and moved to a booth when another party was finished.

Overall, I am not impressed!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“What's the attraction?”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We heard about this place on the radio last year so checked it out. The flies were very annoying but food was ok. I really didn't plan to return. However, one member of my group wanted to give it second chance and other one had never been, so we returned for lunch this year. This time, there was no fish available! Its on the shore and features a fish sandwish or fish fillets (flounder and trout) options on the menu. I ended up with crab cake, which was alright. My sister said her BLT was good. However, I see no need to ever return.

Virginia
“Tables are always sticky”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While locals rave about the food, I found it just ok. It is very heavy on carbs for side dishes. Seating is extremely limited and every time we have been there it isn't truly clean. You know how things feel greasy?

Visited March 2013
“Simple, home-cooked food in nostalgic setting”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nothing fancy about the place or the food. We were greeted cheerfully and ordered breakfast of western omelet with sharp cheese and home fries. Full of fresh veggies and ham. Home fries with onions were done well - not greasy. The little diner was crowded on a Friday morning, mostly locals. The little booths and stools at the counter were well- worn, but clean. A pleasant step into a simpler time - a nice way to start the day!