Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Exmore
Reviewed February 17, 2010

when I woke up this morning I noticed the signs of bed bugs feeding through the night. I pulled back the sheets to find one. I took it down to the front desk and was told that they had just he'd the exterminator in for that problem. Now I am concerned I will drag them home to my house. Stay with caution. This is the first problem I have ever had with a Holiday Inn Express. Other than the bugs the hotel looked very clean.

2  Thank pmccombie

Reviewed December 11, 2009

I've been coming to the Eastern Shore for many years and have been frustrated by the lack of suitable hotels. This is a welcome addition (along with the Hampton Inn across the street, which I haven't tried). Usual Holiday Inn Express standard decor, breakfast, amenities. Front desk staff were helpful with restaurant suggestions

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Not quite sure if the last two reviews stayed in the same place as I just did. I normally stay at the Hilton chain (Hampton Inn for quick overnights like this one) and stayed here due to a better deal. The place was clean and check-in was friendly. This location is not the best for a vacation or long stay, but was a great stop on the way to VA beach and allowed us to avoid at least one night of the $300/night charges there. Would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My husband & I travel @ least 1/yr with 3 grandkids, we normally stay at a least expensive hotel. That chain is not on the shore, so I thought we would stay @ a better, higher quality hotel since it was just me & him. That was not the case...
This was a REALLY bad hotel. The beds were way too high. I am 5'4" and I had to actually climb into bed. The beds are hard as a rock.
The sink is also very high. Yet the toliet was set low. The toilet leaked and drained all night.
This is the NOSIEST hotel I have ever been in. There was not a refrig. in the room, as with the lower hotel chain. The room is extremely small. there is literally no room between the chairs and the bed. The dressers are so narrow and there is no place to put your luggage. (The TV is nice)
The breakfast was the only highlight the first morning. That was not the case the next morning. There was not any coffee and I went twice. The food was hunger repellent. My sister also stayed in a room there and she will not stay again.
The lady that checked us in was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mewIndiana
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Not usually one to complain, but if you are planning a trip to the Eastern Shore, I would not recommend this hotel. We stayed four nights and did not receive maid service. When we complained, the manager sent a couple to clean our room and the man kept trying to argue with my husband about whether or not the DO NOT DISTURB sign had been out the entire time. Walls were very thin and we heard stomping upstairs ALOT where my son couldn't sleep. The toilet was completely stained and smelled really bad. They had a fire drill, but forgot to let us know and it scared us to death. We went running from our room and some man in the hall had to tell us it was a drill. That could really scare or upset alot of people. We are on a budget and had planned to eat most of our meals in the room with the microwave, but there was not one. We asked 3 staff and no one recommended that other rooms had microwaves. Plug-ins didn't work and the staff at the counter when we checked out wasn't very bright. All in all we did not see any professionalism and will not be staying there again. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BerryGrl
Reviewed June 23, 2009

The room was clean and comfortable. It showed a little wear, but nothing terrible. The shower head that they advertise as a selling point was cumbersome and a bit of a pain. It is across the highway from a family restaurant and a short walk to a strip mall that has a Subway, Food Lion and a Chinese restaurant, among other options.

Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed May 1, 2009

This hotel amazed and surprised us. We expected a clean room at a good price. What we got was a clean room at a good price and outstanding customer service. The desk personnel were efficient and nice, the breakfast room staff were so pleasant and so accomodating that it was almost weird...but in a pleasant way. The hotel is not a year old yet so the rooms are clean and decorated nicely (it is hard to make a hotel room not look like a hotel room). We visit the Delmarva Pennisula a couple times a year to visit friends who live in the area and we will always stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmore
Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Exmore
Shore Stay Suites
Shore Stay Suites
#4 of 7 in Cape Charles
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore? Share your experiences!