“Would stay again.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Exmore
Reviewed September 17, 2011

A great clean comfortable and safe stay for the night. Friendly staff immediately put me in a new room when the first one had a broken air conditioner. Nice clean bed, flat screen TV but no HD. Desk for my laptop and free wifi. Nice hot breakfast. Location is lacking only because it seems there isn't much in Exmore but I was just stopping by on my way through to OBX. Excellent for that purpose.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We used this as our half-way stopping point between NJ and the OBX. We were traveling with our 2 toddlers so pulling an all nighter wasn't an option. We had a nice stay and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. My only negative was that the pool smelled bad and looked dirty. I didn't really want to swim but my kids did so we had to put the kaibash on that real quick.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel is okay. The place was packed. Everyone around trying to find a place to stay to get away from Irene. I tried to take a nap before going back to work and the kids running around in the room above us were loud. I ran into someone I know who works their and they said they would take care of that. I said as long as at 11:00pm they are more quiet I would be happy. I slept well so things went well. Joan is wonderful! Some people had their pets with them. They were good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

On a family driving vacation, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Exmore, VA as a one night stop over. We found the place very comfortable and clean. The room rate was very reasonable and we got a discount by pre-paying. The room had 2 queen beds. The hotel staff was very pleasant and friendly. They had a nice indoor pool that was open until 10pm, an excercise room and a business office. Tthey also offered free wifi. Coffee was available all day and night. In the morning, they had a free breakfast with many hot and cold options -- scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, waffles plus the usual assortment of bagels, muffins, donuts, cereals, breads and yorguts. All in all, it was a very good value. Just one tip if you want to stay there during the summer -- make a reservation well in advance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Like many of the other reviews, we were looking for a place to stop on the way to the Outer Banks. This hotel is right on the road and easy to get in and out of. We stayed for one night and the hotel was very crowded and noisy with kids running up and down the hallways all night long. We had two rooms and both had a very musty odor- when we complained the front desk sent up an air freshener which did nothing! The hotel was clean and had a breakfast but it could have been a little cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here on our way down to North Carolina. After trying to find a B&B (failed to find one due to price & availability), we picked this hotel due to it's relatively new construction. It was a good find. Check in and out was super quick thanks to booking through Hotels.com. Room was nice and hotel looked clean.

A drawback was the breakfast. It was awful. Impossible to eat healthy, although we tried (hard boiled egg was the only choice but it was very bland tasting). Even the yogurts and oatmeal were filled with sugar with no plain alternatives. But breakfast was not the intent of our trip so I don't penalize the hotel too much for it.

Another note - the bedding was odd - was it a comforter? A duvet cover? Tough to tell. Would have liked to have separate top sheet.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed here for the night just passing through. I reserved a suite (an extra $20/night). The room was large with a nice couch and large TV. There was a refrigerator and microwave and even cabinets if you had food you wanted to store (which is all very nice since EVERYTHING closes in Exmore by 9pm). There was a lot of electrical outlets throughout the room, it was well lit, clean, and the internet was fast. I didn't find the beds to be uncomfortable as some people say but I'm also not that picky when it comes to beds.

The bathroom was very modern and clean. There is an another sink outside of the bathroom by the fridge and microwave (at least in the suite).

The fitness center appeared to be just an exercise bike and a couple of treadmills but I didn't really look. I believe the hotel had an indoor pool but I didn't really look for it either.

The staff was very warm and friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The free hot breakfast was basic but good.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exmore
Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
#1 of 9 in Cape Charles
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore? Share your experiences!