“HONK! HONK! HONK!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Dallas, PA
“HONK! HONK! HONK!”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Over night stop from our trip to Florida to our home at Sleep Inn, Emporia, in June. Hotel seemed very welcoming when we checked in. Front desk girl told us about places to eat and even a gas station that was cheaper than the one on the corner by the hotel. Ate at Applybys, even though their AC was broken, gassed up at the cheaper gas station and returned for a nice summer swim in the pool. Had a tough time finding the pool, but figured it must be shared with Days Inn hotel directly behind the Sleep Inn. Pool was very nice but did not use it when we found 2 people drinking in the pool. Lady kept yelling, I can't drink anymore because I have to pee. Finally, she ran from the pool to a room at Days Inn. No one in my family wanted to use the pool after that. We went in to watch tv for a few hours. Beds seemed rather firm, actually hard, but we went to sleep at 10:30. HONK! HONK! HONK! and rumble, rumble, we were awakened by a train at 11:30PM. Train sounded like it was very close. Got to sleep and sure enough, HONK! HONK! HONK! and rumble, rumble, awakened around 5 AM once again. So much for a quiet room. Requested a quiet and clean room away from any animal dander due to allergies. We were placed on first floor 2 rooms away from lobby. Could hear people in the lobby heading for breakfast around 6 AM. When we went to our car, yes, the train tracks are almost at the end of the parking lot. HONK! HONK!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I made a reservation to stay here for one night while traveling with three kids from NH to FL. I chose this hotel because it had a pool and served breakfast. Upon arrival, I discovered that the hotel's pool is only open seasonally (apparently, 80 degree weather in May isn't in season) and that breakfast isn't available till 7. (Neither of which were noted on their website.) I tried to cancel and go to another hotel but they wouldn't let me. I got stuck paying a hundred bucks for a room I didn't even sleep in!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
gmva416, General Manager at Sleep Inn Emporia, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Dear mragan,

Reading your review I saw that you have included alot of misinformation, I am not sure where you obtained this information. For clarification, I reviewed our survellance system and with the guest service agent at the time of your check in and saw that you asked about our pool at check-in. You were told by my guest service agent that the pool is Open and outside - and is stated on all websites as being a seasonal outdoor pool. You however stated you wanted an indoor pool. We do not have or advertise an indoor pool and therefore you decided to leave the hotel without cheking into your prepaid reservation. Secondly, the breakfast hours are posted on a large sign on the check-in counter which clearly states that breakfast begins at 6:30AM. You didnt even give my guest service agent a chance to tell you the hours as you walked out before that point, so I dont know where you "heard or saw" the time you mentioned. I agree it is very important for everyone to read the fine print in any medium as we at our hotel have nothing to hide from our guests.
Saratoga Springs
Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stopped at the Sleep Inn at Emporia VA as our mid - point on our way to Florida. It was exactly as the photos on their web-site (sometimes pictures are deceiving) but not this time. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I had a great experience at Sleep Inn. I stopped here for the night with my husband on our travel. We really enjoyed the hotel, the rooms were super clean, staff was very helpful and had a comfortable stay. I will definately stay here again. I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Blue Bell, PA
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Arrived at the Sleep Inn with my family late at night. Greeted by a friendly clerk and well lit lobby. Two double beds plus rollaway were in our room as requested. $10.50 for the dog. She loved the hotel too. Breakfast was basic in the morning; cereals, make your own waffles, processed sausage and eggs. Breakfast not as good as Amerisuites or Hampton Inn, but sufficient. The workers were nice, room was clean, everything I expected. Free computer in the lobby to check email, etc. I think also free wifi, but not 100% sure. Easy on and off from I-95 about 12 miles north of the North Carolina border. A couple gas stations as well as many other hotels and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stayed here a couple of times already for business. The manager is so helpful in every aspect and the host for breakfast has always been cheerful. Rooms are GREAT!!!! Always clean and nicely furnished. Will always stay there as long as the drive is not to far from my business.

Michael L

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Boston.Ma
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Can only second the other reviews. I usually prefer the outside entrance/park outside the room motels to reduce schlepping both my and the cat's stuff, but the Sleep Inn changed my mind. They have convenient luggage trolleys; the place is very clean,secure,and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and professional. It's very reasonable with the travelers's coupon, and the breakfast items were varied, hot, and very good, even when showing up just before "closing". Traveling with a cat, I'm always grateful to find that the bed platform is enclosed, and hiding places are minimal. So glad to have found it, and will definetely return when I do the Massachusetts/Florida route again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Holiday Inn Express Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Sleep Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!