“Loved this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
east coast
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here on our way to Charleston SC a week ago. The staff was friendly, the lobby very clean and well lit. The room was spacious and clean. Bathroom very clean also (I'm a germaphobe and this room was clean for me). The beds were comfy and the sheets / downfilled sheet was awesome. Like better than a blanket. Felt cleaner. Couldn't hear any noise from the highway. Slept very well. Would definetly stay here again. I have been very pleased with Sleep Inns around the country. I would definetly choose this brand over many other Choice brands. I find them consistently nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were staying here on our way back from Florida. We paid about $80 on a Saturday night. Many other hotels were $100-120. Room was attractive for a Sleep Inn and clean. Beds were above average and pillows were very nice. Our room had a microwave and mini- fridge. Staff was very nice and helpful. My only complaint was that our TV remote wasn't working and the power button on the TV was broken. I would def. stay here again. I felt safe and comfortable. It is close to 95 and you can hear a little traffic at night. Overall I was very satisfied with my stay here!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We travel from Pennsylvania to Florida quite often so we have become rather familiar with a few hotels along 95.

This is a newer hotel and it shows. They take good care of it. Staff is friendly, polite and responsive to your needs.

It is one of my favorite places to stop.

It was also great because it is pet friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Ashland, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel (October 27th). It was a welcome sight after the Washington DC traffic that we had been delayed by unexpectedly & easy to find. It was very near I-95 but you could not hear a thing - nice & quiet. The hotel staff were very friendly & welcoming. The room was clean & comfortable although the fan was noisy over the warm night that we were there. We have stayed in many similar hotels around the country & found that this was about 20% more than I would expect for this standard of hotel. It was our first stay in a Sleep Inn & I would book a hotel from this chain again as it was simple & straightforward - clean & convenient.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
east stroudsburg pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

myself and my wife stayed at this property on 9/4/11. i had made a reservation in advance as i thought it was a good stop over on our way to the north carolina coast. we checked in and to our dismay on an 84 degree day found out the "pool was closed for the season" i told the front desk receptionist i was very disappointed. upon returning from vacation i complained to corporate and never received an explanation! i will not stay at CHOICE properties again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yankeefanalways
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during Hurricane Irene. The hotel lost power and phones at 1:30 pm Saturday and never came back on (no generator). That's not their fault - their lack of communication however, is. The hotel only has 4 floors and 64 rooms. Yet NO ONE checked on guests, made any announcements in the hallway, asked if anyone needed anything, etc.. Luckily I had my own supplies. Guests included elderly, families, children and singles escaping the storm. To top it off, housekeepers on Sunday morning were demanding their cigarette breaks at 9 am and declaring that they weren't "helping to take anything down those stairs." These small hotel owners must learn to communicate with guests in an emergency. It was appalling, will not recommend this hotel to anyone, even in sunny weather.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Sleep Inn has been totally updated and upgraded. Nice new renovations throughout. Of course the staff is pleasant as always. I stay there every 3 months and am now more comfortable that ever.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Roadwarrior87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
BEST WESTERN Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Sleep Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!