“Needs Improvement”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Yale, Va
“Needs Improvement”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Best Western was probably a very nice spot back in the day but it really need some improvements. The bathroom toilets are very small & I am a tall woman and it was like what the what! On a lighter note the beds are comfortable and the reception on the tv was great!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BestWestern47089, Front Office Manager at Best Western Emporia, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your feedback helps us improve. I hope to see you next time. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
South Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Travelling down I-95S we found the Best Western in Emporia,VS to be a welcome sight. The staff were very friendly and helpful in regards to ordering the best take-out/delivery in the area, for which we were very thankful. It's a pet friendly hotel with a fee of $10 per animal per night, regardless of size. The room was clean and had no problems with hooking up to WiFi. The only issue we had was the AC didn't truly cool us down, but stayed a constant 70 degrees. Overall it was a great night sleep and the breakfast choices offered in the morning was fantastic.

Room Tip: Order from the Italian restaurant. The food is excellent and delivery was really fast.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you and looking forward to seeing you next time.
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The only thing I can say about this place is "nice people"! It is cheap, but if you are going to run a lodging busines, then you have to meet expectations for the good of your business!! The place should be condemned. I doubt whether it meets code for a place where folks live! Old everything, but not only old, but worn out, tired, just shabby, and NOT "shabby sheik". The desk person meeting us on arrival was great and the night clerk when we checked out was great too.

Room Tip: Skip this particular Best Western.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We are always looking to improve and your feedback helps us do that. Feel free to contact us @4346343200 if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Emporia hotels

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stepping into the room was awful. The furniture looked peed upon and the bathroom was unpleasant. The wall was expanding like it had a tumor and there was a build-up of black gook in one corner. At breakfast a cockroach scampered up the wall. Never again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BestWestern47089, Front Office Manager at Best Western Emporia, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback helps us to improve. I apologize for the issues during your stay. If you would like to talk to me I can be reached @4346343200. Once again I apologize and hope you will give us another chance.
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

A quick overnite stay on our way from upstate, NY to myrtle beach, SC. We arrived at 11pm. Check in was quick and the room was clean. We had a family suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. The rate was great and rooms like these are very hard to find with a traveling family. Breakfast was good and the hostess was very friendly and helpful. Have stayed here before the last 3 years know a row and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you and looking forward to next time!!!
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I arrived after a long day of travel 5/9/14. Upon check-in, I was informed that they had a new fitness center and I should check it out. When I entered, the local UPS driver was sleeping in the corner. I informed the woman at the desk and was told that he sometimes comes in to rest. Against my better judgment, we proceeded to check-in and were directed to a room at the back of the hotel on the ground floor. My husband went for a run and then all you know what broke loose..........women began screaming profanity at each other and they kept walking back and forth by my room. I contacted the front desk and was told that there had been an injury sustained in the exercise room and I really couldn't believe it. I felt that this was unacceptable and could only get worse. Truthfully, I was afraid for all my possessions that were in the back of our vehicle and for ourselves. Needless to say, our stay lasted less than an hour, and I would never ever recommend that anyone stay at this flop house.

Room Tip: Never ever take a room in the back and further, go somewhere else.
2 Thank marycc
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry you did not stay with us the whole night. I also apologize for the behavior of the other guest. I'm sorry that reflected upon us poorly. I hope you would consider staying with us again. Feel free to call me @4346343200 if you would like to discuss this.
Berwick, Maine
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Hotel very nice stay. Room very nice and every thing clean. Breakfast set up nice and all items kept filled. Good supply of dining facilities in the area and hotel supplies a nice list of places to dine and directions to each. Staff very nice and helpful. We have stayed at this hotel several times and always had a good stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you!! Hope to see you next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Best Western Emporia? Share your experiences!