“No complaints here at all”

Best Western Emporia
Best Western Emporia
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The front desk people were really nice. My room was spotless. Good TV, Fridge, Microwave. and a comfortable bed. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and they have a very nice free breakfast for the guests that includes waffles, and all of the good stuff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ronnie948

Reviewed August 11, 2012

When I stayed here on my way to Florida, I found the the price was fair. I also thought the location was good as it was right of the Highway. The room itself could have been cleaner in many areas. But I was able to get pizza delivered to my room which was great as I was tired from being on the road for so long. There was a gas station/convinience store within walking distance as well.

Room Tip: Go for a first floor room, verses a second floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Not bad for the value. If you have recently stay at this hotel and left something behind, please post a message here and tell me what the item was -

Room Tip: Not bad for the value. If you have recently stay at this hotel and left something behind, please po...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

for my purposes of just a lay over hotel this hotel filled the bill
good price
clean rooms
friendly staff and they accommodated a special need
dog friendly which means dog smells (just a slight oder)
the breakfast could be better but not bad

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The good things I can say about this motel is that it is very close to the interstate, has quick restaurants nearby (we used Shoney's), and allows dogs. I believe it is probably a tad bit overpriced for the quality of the room and the lack of cleanliness, along with old mattresses that were not even medium firm.

My main complaint is that the carpet is so old and/or not clean (felt "gummy") which I did not like walking on. I actually took some towels and out them on the floor to walk on. My puppy had to be given Benedryl as she seemed to get an allergy in the room and my allergies were also acting up. It was a smokefree room and I do not think anyone had smoked in here; I just think it is probably so old that itis impossible to get it really clean.

There was no noise but there did not seem to be a lot of people staying here.

It is a shame because the room is large with two queen beds, a table with two "arm" chairs so you can spread out a bit. There is free internet access and free breakfast.

My best take is this hotel needs to be updated. We will find another place to stay the next time we drive through this area.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This particular motel is very close to I-95, so it's very easy to get to. The area is very busy as there is a big truck stop about a block away. Fast food and truck-stop type restaurants is what you'll find close by. The rooms are OK but a little tired. I would rate the place at about a 6.5 to a 7, (10 being the best). They allow pets there, so if you have an allergy etc etc be sure to keep this in mind. They have the old style analog TVs, no flat screen in my room. The breakfast buffet was basic but the staff did their best to make you happy and the coffee was great and hot. You'll pay about $75 for a room with the mention of most discounts, and that's about all it's worth..

Room Tip: If you stay in the rear you'll be that much further away from any possible road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B K
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This Hotel is an easy on/off if you are driving 95 from Mass to Florida. But it is just that. The rooms are kind of beat. It wasn't bad enough that I left but would not stop there again. They seem to be trying to update as our room was freshly painted on the walls but the ceiling was all water stained. The rug was new as well but the furniture was very old and stained. It did however have all the amenities. A Fridge, Microwave, coffee maker, wi-fi etc, and breakfast and the price is great. The hotel just has that run down feel and as this was our first stop I thought that was what you got at these 95 stop hotels. But the other ones we stayed are were so much nicer, cleaner and not run down. We have decided that we will not stop again at a hotel that allows pets as we do not have one so putting up with the stains etc...why. All and all if you are looking for Cheap and you have a pet go for it. The bed was comfortable and clean which is important. The bathroom was OK.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia
Holiday Inn Express Emporia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Best Western Emporia? Share your experiences!