“Terrible experience”

Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Emporia
Chantilly, Virginia
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have fond memories of eating at Shoney's restaurants in my youth and thought it would work well for my teenage son hungry from playing in a baseball tournament. We decided to order from the menu instead of the buffet since we didn't have a lot of time. My sons steak was supposed to be medium but was exteremely rare of which the waitress agreed wholeheartedly. She returned it to cook longer but when it was returned it had only been seared on the outside and was just as rare. My wedge salad had a blue cheese dressing that had definitely gone bad. The waitress pointed it out when serving it so not just my opinion. She was horrified and obtained another salad for me with ranch from the buffet. To top off the experience, the electricity went out and I ate my salad in the dark. My son just ate the side dishes. Our waitress was friendly but with the confusion over the electricity, we were charged full price for everything. I thought about making an issue over the meal but just wanted to get out of there. So rarely are things as good as you remember. I can guarantee though that my son will never try another Shoney's again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank KellyTB

Princeville, Hawaii
“Great buffet for $8.99”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Lots of choices for the buffet. Can't beat it for the price. Very friendly wait staff. Great desserts for under $3 - only problem was we were too stuffed from the buffet to sample any of them.

Visited July 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Shoney's Still in Decline”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's a shame because Shoney's was once a favorite stop of mine when traveling but ever since they introduced the Buffet they have been in steady decline. This was our first stop on vacation as we left early in the morning and made this our breakfast stop. Three of us chose the Buffet and my daughter ordered off the menu. She had poached eggs which were perfectly cooked and enjoyed her breakfast. The rest of us - well it was a cold, dried up greasy mess. The staff also seemed to be in a different world. While not rude they were all looking like they were forced into work that morning. I hope Shoney's can come up with a plan to modernize itself into the great restaurant it once was. My advice is for them to get rid of the Buffet ( especially for Breakfast) and return to good freshly cooked food.

• Visited June 2013
Seminole, Florida
“Cold buffet”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Usually Shoney's buffets are pretty good but this one on a Sunday morning was cold and no one seemed to care when we told them about it. Plenty of food but for some reason the eggs and meats were actually cold, not even warm. When we told the waitress and a few of the ladies adding to the buffet they were all sorry but nothing was changed. Terrible experience.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“good food and service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

like the people and service and food, great place to go while one the go . easy location to go in and get out.

Visited April 2013