“Great Honest Place”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Plattsburgh, New York
“Great Honest Place”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

On March 26th my wife and myself were traveling from New York to our home in Conway South Carolina along with our 2 cats we chose the Hampton Inn in Emporia Va because they are pet friendly .Right from check-in our visit was beyond excellent to the wonderful women that checked-us in to the cleanliness of our room. Then in the morning to the wonderful breakfast they serve their guest. On our journey home about 200 miles from Emporia I received a phone call from the Hampton that my wife left her wallet in the room. The women I spoke to was so kind and helpful they immediately box up and shipped my wife's wallet to our home adress that we received yesterday. We can not Thank the women enough for taking the time to ship the wallet to us and to the whole Hampton Inn of Emporia Va staff for making our stay so wonderful .....We will always make this our stopover place on the I-95 corridor knowing we will always be welcome and taking care of...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Emporia, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you and your cats enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in Emporia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Yep, probably the best in Emporia, but that's not saying a lot. Emporia often sells out it's hotel rooms, probably because it's a logical I-95 stop - From the north or south for those wishing to 'make it' roughly to the Va/NC border. So, supply/demand rules & the hotels are generally over-priced. This property I'd value at $79-89 tops (and I travel a lot).
Hamptons are middle-of-the-road hotels - the low end of the Hilton family, and slightly better than the avg. Holiday Inn Express. There is nothing better in Emporia.
I'm not a big Hampton fan. They vary greatly in quality & lack consistency. The rack rate today is $119 & is not a good value. You can travel another 1/2 hr. south & stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, which is twice the hotel for roughly the same money.
Anyway, this particular hotel had a couple of nice features - nice new carpeting & very good beds. Room appointments were avg. & adequate, except the 'easy' chair, which was more like your grandmother's dining chair. Rooms were pretty clean & had a micro-fridge. Nice enough bath, but tub was low & of a cheap plastic. Shower pressure low. Everything squeeks - doors, even sink faucets.
Heat/ac is a mess - they give you a sheet of paper with instructions on check-in ...keep that sheet, you'll need it. They've removed the easy to understand knobs of the ac unit & put a wall thermostat in it's place that is neither accurate nor easy to understand - hense, the instructions.
Free breakfast is nice enough & adequate, but ends too early. You won't be eating bacon & eggs, but you can get oatmeal, pastry, some fruit, & you-make-waffels.
The clientel appeared to be a mix of avg. Americans & not the highest quality of clients you'll meet.
Parking is a problem & late arrivers may have to park at the hotel next door.
One thing of note. It's obvious to me that they try to herd you out in the am. Dispite a 'Do Not Disturb' sign posted, the maid called my room & woke me 2 hrs. before my check out time. I arrived late & needed to sleep in. I called the front desk & asked not to be disturbed - they said they'd tell housekeeping. Then 1/2 hr. later a maid entered my room actually holding my 'do not disturb' sign in her hand. I was sitting in my underwear.
If you're an early riser, no problem. If you want to sleep in (or get breakfast later) ...again, there's a Hilton Garden Inn 1/2 hr. south that will not disappoint.
PS: I rated sleep quality poor only because they kept waking me up. The beds are actually very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we are the best in Emporia. Would you mind sending an email to Loni@beckcompanyhotels.com with you name or room number so that we may address your problem with housekeeping? Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review and for your help in making us a better hotel. We hope to see you again in Emporia.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed 2x at this great Hampton Inn... owner apparently is a pet lover. Specific floor assigned to pets and it was immaculate. No doggie odour and no dogs barking during the night. In fact humans were the ones that kept us up to the wee hours on our last stay! We opted for the Breakfast to Go and it was fabulous. Water-Muffin-Krisp Bars-Mints and so on. Staff very friendly... just a great place to stay while travelling..makes it so non stressful. Congratulations to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you and your pets enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast bags to go. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in Emporia.
Ottawa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We chose this hotel for a one night stay while travelling south on I95. After fighting the traffic in the DC area, we were glad to find a comfortable and clean hotel Previous reviewers were right on. It was a treat to find a laptop/tablet/MP3/cellphone charger on each side of the comfortable king-size bed. However, this device would be much more useful if the rooms also had a wi-fi connection. My wife and I had to take turns with the single in-room ethernet cable. To be fair, the hotel web site does promise wi-fi only in public areas I sure hope that the next time I pass this way, the system has been upgraded to provide wi-fi in the guest rooms.

Room Tip: Bring a portable wi-fi router if you have one!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will talk to management and see what steps we can take to get Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in Emporia.
Cuba,N.Y.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After battling DC traffic, we couldn't wait to get to our hotel in Emporia. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. Comfort seems to be a priority in Hamptons these days. Everything was neat , clean and the beds are wonderful. My only compaint is that the internet connection was poor and I really needed it to check on travel conditions as we drove south.

Room Tip: If you want food, it is a short walk to several chain restaurants near the Hampton.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marigr
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comment about our HSIA. I will pass them along and make sure to get the issue addressed. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in Emporia.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The last time I was there they had a jazz group entertaining the guests, early evening. It made it very relaxing while checking in and before dinner. This hotel always makes guests feel welcome. I stay at this hotel every few months while travelling to the northeast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you stay with us every few months. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in Emporia.
North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel occasionally in the past. The property and the hotel staff have always been top notch. They recently upgraded their television channels to true high-definition channels (I am a big sports fan), and they upgraded their internet service to where internet speed is now super fast. My job requires connecting to company VPN, which required a decent amount of bandwidth. Also, I listen to SiriusXM internet radio. Now that this hotel has upgraded their internet service, it's a perfect stop for me in my travels. Hotel staff continues to be very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Hampton Inn Emporia. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you are a returning customer. Glad that you were able to enjoy our recent upgrades. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in Emporia soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
Hampton Inn Roanoke Rapids
#1 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids

Been to Hampton Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!