“Back again this year” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Back again this year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were very pleased with our experience at this hotel last year on our travels NYC<> Florida.
This year was just as good and proves it was no "fluke" .
Once again the staff were excellent, providing a "full service like experience" in a comfortable and clean budget environment.
Another strong point is the TV and internet: this year we had stayed at several expensive (Marriott Group) hotels. Fairfield Emporia has free wifi which was much faster than wifi we had to pay for elsewhere and an HD TV with good channel choices.

Room Tip: This year we paid a little extra and used my silver status to book a suite on 3rd floor. Excellent d...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us again. We do appreciate not only your business but, also the review that you took your valuable time to write for others to know about our hotel.

Come see us again soon and thank you
Kathy Petersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Staff was nice and helpful. It was convenient off of I-95. Rooms need a deep cleaning. Walls and floors are not very clean. The first room I was put in had hair in the bathroom. They were very nice and moved me. The second room was nicer but still needs a deep clean. Then when I crawled in bed there were hairs in the sheets.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the lack of cleanliness that you encountered at our hotel. This is absolutely not normal at our hotel and I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

We value your business and welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I can assure you this is an isolated incident and not normal. We care about our guest experience.

Sedgwick, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Everything was fine at this location. In particular, the staff was nice and accommodating. Much better than the previous night at a Fairfield Inn in Savannah GA. The bedding could have been better but, in general, it was adequate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let travelers know about your experience at our hotel. We do hope you will visit us again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We needed a room for the night. The location is just off I95. Very easy stop.

The room was clean. Everything worked fine. It's a typical Fairfield Inn. The staff is friendly and will ask if there is anything that is needed or unsatisfactory.

Breakfast was included and there were scrambled eggs as well as hard boiled eggs. Other basics like cereals and yogurts were offered as well.

We have no complaints about this property but would try Roanoke Rapids NC next time instead if Emporia VA.

There were not many decent restaurants open at night nearby. After a long drive, a decent dinner is appreciated.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit here. There are other restaurants in our area including a great buffet at Carolina BBQ, Shoneys, and a new German restaurant as well. We do hope that you visit us again soon as your business is valued here.

North Wildwood NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped here on way to FL. Real nice staff, very clean. Made feel welcome. Only downside was that the hot tub was only luke warm (one reason I selected this property to wash away the road dust) and the nearby selection of restaurants is very limited (cracker-barrel, Applebees and fast food) but I am sure this will improve over time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let other guest know about your experience at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel.

I do apologize that you did not like the restaurants in our area. There is a Carolina BBQ Buffet that is quite good here. There is also Shoney's and a new German Restaurant that are getting wonderful reviews from our guest.

We do hope that you will visit us again soon.

North Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Checking in with Holly was a delight! She is informative, and when she says, "We keep our promises.", you can't help but believe her. I stayed at this property the first year it opened and found it to be very good. I was a bit leery about trying it again because of some of the reviews. I am glad I chanced it. It isn't perfect, and when I checked out I let the front desk clerk know the room needed a bit of extra attention, but overall it was clean, and I felt very safe. I had a king suite. The bed was comfortable, the towels were a bit hard, but were also clean. The bathroom needed a little extra attention, the furniture was starting to show a bit of wear, and the décor needed a bit of dusting, and the bathroom floor could have been much cleaner. Breakfast Bar was well stocked, and what I had was very good. I have to have a no smoking room, so I chose Marriott properties because I find they stand by this promise at all their properties. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You may want to ask to stay away from the I-95 side if you are a light sleeper, (though I am a light...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathrine P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and Holly will be delighted to hear that she was able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope you will visit us again soon. You will be delighted to know that our hotel is being renovated this year and you should see great improvement during your next visit.

maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

On the way home from Florida we stopped at the Marriott Fairfield Inn in Emporia,VA. What a pleasant surprise! From the friendly reception at check-in, to one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in, to the free breakfast buffet featuring eggs, waffles and all other treats, this hotel was a real winner. The sheets were wonderful, good quality. I'd love to be able to recreate that bed at home! Best night sleep I had in three weeks!

Room Tip: We were located right next to an elevator, but did not hear any noise the entire time.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathrine P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience at our hotel here in Emporia, VA. We are just delighted you were able to get a great night's sleep. You will have to visit us more often. :)

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Kathy Petersen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
#4 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!