“Nice place to stay while traveling”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn on our way to South Carolina. It is very close by the highway, and there are resaturants in the area. The person checking us in was very friendly and helpful. They had great warm chocolate chip cookies waiting at the reception desk (during the week only for cookies). There is a breakfast room with free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stopped at this Fairfield by Marriott in route to our daughter's wedding! We found everyone we encountered to be most helpful! As it was dinner time, we were given a list of helpful suggestions of nearby eating places. Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet. We even received a call to make sure we had everything we needed! Thank you!

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We checked in at this hotel at 1:30 on the morning of Sept. 14th and were met by the friendliest and most courteous staff. It had been a very long day behind the wheel, 14 hours, and their smiles made the journey seem not quite so bad. No problems checking in and the room was very clean and quiet.
Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our way north as it is rght off 95. Desk clerk (Holly) was very accommodating. We had a bag of frozen food and were able to put it in the hotel's freezer overnight with noproblem as the mini fridge did not have a freezer. Good suggestions for dinner altho we had been to Emporia before and knew where we wanted to eat. The room was nice and very clean. Breakfast the next morning was one of the better ones. The lady in charge was friendly and never stopped trying to help folks or replenish the items onthe breakfsst bar. We will definitely stop here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Hilton Head, SC. I was happy they were ok with late checkin (11:30 pm), and we were not the only ones coming that late. We went to our room and right away it smelled weird - and strong. As soon as I took off my shoes, I was surprised that the floorwas wet - throughout the room. We thought maybe the carpet had been cleaned and left wet (hence the smell), but once we got in bed we discovered that the sheets were wet - everything in the room was wet. We tried changing the AC but even on max AC, the insane humidity stayed. It was wet and sticky all night - it was really gross. We wanted to shower the next am because we both felt like we had slept in a swamp, but we only were given a bar of soap and a lotion - no shampoo or conditioner. The breakfast was nice, although really crowded, but we were just happy to be out of that room. Our room was handicap accessible (not sure why - we did not request that) on the 2nd floor. Given the humidity/broken AC we would not stay here again. I hope the other rooms here are not like this and this is an isolated issue.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family spent one night at this hotel in August of 2013. We stayed here using a coupon from a room saver magazine affording us an 89.99 walk up rate. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Despite walking in at 10pm, we were able to get a pack and play for our daughter and were able to settle in very quickly. The beds were nice and comfortable; however, I do not understand why newer hotels use double beds and not queen sized. The bathroom was very spacious and like everything else clean.

I have two areas where this hotel could improve.

(1) Upon checking in, a very energetic and helpful front desk attendant helped me. My concern is that she was very loud - in fact, I know I heard the entire conversation she had with the gentleman in front of me (including the fact that he had Marriott Elite Status and would be paying almost $30.00 per night more than me as I had the coupon). Her attitude and helpfulness was great - she just needs to be more discreet.

(2) The breakfast was not very good. The eggs were runny and cold and everyone in the dining area was making fun of how bad the "turkey" sausage was. I have eaten at a few Fairfield Inn's and this breakfast was not on par with them.

Room Tip: Most people hate first floor rooms - I like them. The first floor at this hotel was quiet and very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Myrtle Beach. This hotel was very clean and comfortable and in a great location right off the highway. The price was right and breakfast was included. The hotel was located right near Applebees which was also convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heidi M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Best Western Emporia
Best Western Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!