“Very pleasant.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We checked in at this hotel at 1:30 on the morning of Sept. 14th and were met by the friendliest and most courteous staff. It had been a very long day behind the wheel, 14 hours, and their smiles made the journey seem not quite so bad. No problems checking in and the room was very clean and quiet.
Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our way north as it is rght off 95. Desk clerk (Holly) was very accommodating. We had a bag of frozen food and were able to put it in the hotel's freezer overnight with noproblem as the mini fridge did not have a freezer. Good suggestions for dinner altho we had been to Emporia before and knew where we wanted to eat. The room was nice and very clean. Breakfast the next morning was one of the better ones. The lady in charge was friendly and never stopped trying to help folks or replenish the items onthe breakfsst bar. We will definitely stop here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Hilton Head, SC. I was happy they were ok with late checkin (11:30 pm), and we were not the only ones coming that late. We went to our room and right away it smelled weird - and strong. As soon as I took off my shoes, I was surprised that the floorwas wet - throughout the room. We thought maybe the carpet had been cleaned and left wet (hence the smell), but once we got in bed we discovered that the sheets were wet - everything in the room was wet. We tried changing the AC but even on max AC, the insane humidity stayed. It was wet and sticky all night - it was really gross. We wanted to shower the next am because we both felt like we had slept in a swamp, but we only were given a bar of soap and a lotion - no shampoo or conditioner. The breakfast was nice, although really crowded, but we were just happy to be out of that room. Our room was handicap accessible (not sure why - we did not request that) on the 2nd floor. Given the humidity/broken AC we would not stay here again. I hope the other rooms here are not like this and this is an isolated issue.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family spent one night at this hotel in August of 2013. We stayed here using a coupon from a room saver magazine affording us an 89.99 walk up rate. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Despite walking in at 10pm, we were able to get a pack and play for our daughter and were able to settle in very quickly. The beds were nice and comfortable; however, I do not understand why newer hotels use double beds and not queen sized. The bathroom was very spacious and like everything else clean.

I have two areas where this hotel could improve.

(1) Upon checking in, a very energetic and helpful front desk attendant helped me. My concern is that she was very loud - in fact, I know I heard the entire conversation she had with the gentleman in front of me (including the fact that he had Marriott Elite Status and would be paying almost $30.00 per night more than me as I had the coupon). Her attitude and helpfulness was great - she just needs to be more discreet.

(2) The breakfast was not very good. The eggs were runny and cold and everyone in the dining area was making fun of how bad the "turkey" sausage was. I have eaten at a few Fairfield Inn's and this breakfast was not on par with them.

Room Tip: Most people hate first floor rooms - I like them. The first floor at this hotel was quiet and very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Myrtle Beach. This hotel was very clean and comfortable and in a great location right off the highway. The price was right and breakfast was included. The hotel was located right near Applebees which was also convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed one night. It is right off the highway. The lady at the front desk checked us in quickly and was very friendly. She even called when we got to the room to mke sure everything was ok. They offer a pretty good complimentary breakfast.

This is the second Fairfield Inn I have stayed in over the past two weeks. The quality I expect from Marriott is not there but this is a good place for a nights stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank dsmith347
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel was a great location off of 95N. The hotel is fairly new, however there is no shopping with a 35 mile range. Many fast food places, Walmart, Pizza but no department stores with a 35 mile range.

Room Tip: Restaurants in the area are Applebee's and the rest are fast foods. The higher the floor at thi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
Best Western Emporia
Best Western Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!