“Excellent stop while on the road” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95

Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
The Villages, Florida
“Excellent stop while on the road”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wonderful location on the way north or south. We just left the DC area with horrible traffic, which turned a three hour trip into a four hour nightmare. Arrived here to a clean comfy room. Friendly staff, especially the breakfast attendant. Nice free breakfast with lots to choose from, hot and cold. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Myersville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked a room here to break up a very long drive. The room was clean and roomy, nicely decorated, and and staff was extremely nice and friendly. The included continental breakfast was larger than what is offered at most hotels. You could get fresh made waffles, bagels, English muffins, a variety of other muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, and more. They even had breakfast sandwiches and omelets that you could heat up in a microwave. As soon as something was getting just a bit low they were there restocking it. We did not use the pool but it looked very clean. We got a great nights sleep and felt totally refreshed for the next days drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greenbackville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a bad experience at another hotel in Emporia so we switched hotels and checked into the Fairfield Inn. Holly at the front desk showed us several rooms and even let me pull back the sheets to made sure the beds were clean. This was a good place to stop and spend the night on the way home. I would say here again next time I'm traveling on 95.

• Stayed October 2012
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

You have the usual choice of corpoarate mini hotels in Emporia, I like the Fairfield because the staff is very attentive no matter what timeof day or night you arrive. They alwaysput me on the 1st floor for easy in and out....I stop once a year yet they know my preferences.

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough from the highway so all the rooms are quiet and light free.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark1959
Newmanstown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here on our way to South Carolina. The rooms have a horrible smell to them. Moldy, Mildew, or such. The furniture is all worn, and not sure if they were clean or not. This place should be gutted and redone. Not a typical Fairfield Inn. We have stayed in several over the years and this should not be considered anything by the name of Marriott.
On the positive side, the staff were excellant. No complaints there. They say "I am sorry" very well.
The condition is not their fault. Someone from Marriott should go and stay there for one night. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

NIce family friendly hotel near I-95 in Emporia, VA. I used Marriott Rewards points to make a reservation. As a result of using Rewards Points I was forced to select a room with a king size bed. I didn't have the option to choose a large suite style room. With my family of four others and I the suite would have been more comfortable. The hotel did provide us with a rollaway bed. As a result of five people being in the small room we were uncomfortable. I will give the staff high marks for providing additional towels upon request and their friendly nature. I would stay in this location again. August appears to be a month that has a lot of family reunions scheduled. If you choose to stay here in the month of August I highly recommend you make reservations early.

Room Tip: In the month of August, make your reservations early.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This property seemed to be still pretty new, and almost an exact replica of another Fairfield Inn which we stayed this summer. The pool was up to par, the included breakfast was quite sufficient and the front desk staff was quick and polite for check in process. We used a hotel coupon and got the advertised rate as a drop in customer with no problems at all. Also, for anyone driving thru the area, it was practically in a Walmart parking lot and also with a gas station. We stopped at both in the morning before setting out on our summer road trip. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
#4 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!