“Great hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Warrington, PA
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times and this is a great place to stay! Front desk staff is friendly and knowledgable about the area. The property is in need of a facelift some furniture needs replacing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shoregal04
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you so much for letting others know about our hotel. We appreciate your comments and are happy to let you know that we will be replacing/refurbishing our lobby and breakfast area shortly. We do hope to see you again at our hotel soon.

Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This property is not up to Marriott standards and should be inspected based on other reviewer experiences as well as my own. The mirrors were spotted, the remote control was filthy with unidentifiable pieces stuck to it, floors were dirty, the couch was torn and frayed and the wood furniture was scratched and chipped. We always stay at Marriott properties and this hotel was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank CallaLilly123
Thank you for your response on our listing. We would like to make your experience right and to let you know that your experiences are just NOT normal at our hotel. Please call me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your experience. We take our guest satisfaction very seriously at our hotel and your experience deeply bothers me.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Pearl River
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have been staying in Marriotts very regularly and this one needs improving! The lobby was pleasant upon entering and so was the staff, but the room...uhg! The bathroom caulking was moldy, the edges of the carpets were dirty. The maid left a 90% used roll of toilet paper in the bathroom! Couldn't you have just put on a new roll? Are you that pressed to save money?There were two double beds for the three of us but one of the beds was pushed up 6" from the heater so it was very difficult to get into bed. We had sandwiches in our cooler from our long drive but there was no mini refrigerator in the room so the sandwiches got soggy and we threw them out. The room has this bi-fold closet instead of the updated luggage area by the bathroom, it was just a very odd layout and poor use of space.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert B
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to let us know about your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of doing some upgrades and refurbishing. We are pleased that our hotel has been so busy but, it is taking it's toll on some of the furnishings.

Regarding the toilet paper and them not being complete roll - we do place two rolls of toilet paper in the rooms. In an effort to support the environment and not be wasteful, we leave unused portions on the roll at our hotel. You would be surprised at how much waste is done if we pulled all unused portions from 82 rooms each day and disposed of them in every room. We do apologize if this offended you in anyway as it was not meant to but, only an effort to be GREEN.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please don't hestiate to contact me if you wish to discuss this further.

Carteret, New Jersey
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I will never again dare book at any Fairfield Inn in the world due to what I experienced at Emporia, Va.

As soon as walked in(after a 12 hour drive), I found no one to greet me at the front desk. After a couple of minutes I found a bathroom in the lobby and as I walked out I found someone there to book a room for the night.

As soon as I walked in my room, a peculiar musky smell mixed with mold was evident. Blasted the fan on high and sprayed perfume to try to mask the stench.

Lifted the sheets off the bed, looked as if someone had slept in it complete with bits of food, pillows reaked so badly i had to use my own beach towel to sleep on.

Next morning, woke up to use the bathroom, feces all over the rim of the toilet. Towels all looked ragged, used and folded carelessly. Bathtub filled with water and used washcloth, hair all over bathroom.Even the coffee machine looked unclean and had an opened coffee filter. Decided not to use this bathroom and just go to the next rest stop to wash up.

For breakfast, the tables were sticky and they had no orange juice. I immediately checked out informing the lady behind the desk that their promise was not kept, she apologized but seemed as if she can do nothing about it.

i travel often and have stayed overnight in many cheap shady places but at least these other places were clean and sanitary. The fairfield Inn in Emporia, VA really needs to re-evaluate their housekeeping standards.

Room Tip: For an extra 20 bucks you can stay at a cleaner hotel within the area.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CrystalNight
Thank you for posting your experience. I have heard nothing of this. Can you please contact me immediately to discuss your experience. This is just not normal at our hotel.

Please call me.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed December 16, 2011

It's been a while since I've stayed at an "average" Marriot property, as most of them have had significant updates. Perhaps the Emporia VA market doesn’t justify the investment? While still a good property, it is not on par with many of the other Fairfield’s which have received extensive updating.

Room 315 was large by hotel standards. It has micro/fridge combo and 32” flat screen. The bed was OK and the pillows were excellent. Some furnishings had light stains. The work desk was small with only one outlet and had good lighting. The chair was hard. The bathroom was clean and “Spartan”. Conventional tub/shower.

There is light-moderate traffic noise, but not unbearable. There is a train in the distance which can be heard throughout the area. The noise level would be consistent with ALL hotels in the area. I did not use the pool. The breakfast was good, with waffle maker and some hot choices. For some reason, coffee is not available throughout the day in the lobby.

Overall it’s a good property, but nothing special. I give it a 75/100 overall and 80/100 for value.

Room Tip: Select room facing opposite of highway
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This hotel was outstanding, which is quite something to say of a late night arrival and early departure. There was something about the positive attitude that prevailed, and the genuine care and concern, that was without a doubt the most pleasant experience we've had, of our many overnight road trips, on the way to or from family get togethers. My only regret is that it doesn't often fit conveniently as a location to stop at, but each time we have, it finds us departing refreshed and feeling upbeat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We arrived late in the evening after a long day and we were settled into our room within 10-15 minutes of walking in the front door. Evening staff and morning staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was very comfortable and the breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold items.

We never need to worry about the service or quality when we stay with a Marriott hotel and this Fairfield did not disappoint.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Best Western Emporia
Best Western Emporia
#5 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!