“Great stop from I95”

Carolina BBQ & Chicken Incorporated
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lancaster, PA
“Great stop from I95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

While traveling north on I95 & trying to beat yet another snow/ice storm we stopped here. I found it online & the reviews seemed ok. It was very busy and there were a lot of locals dining. We were in a hurry and liked that it was a buffet. They had a large selection of veggies, variety of seafood, chicken and barbeque. We enjoyed the seafood and chicken. The ribs were short pieces and not "fall off the bone style". The pulled pork was more like shredded finely pork and it reminded me of something someone else already chewed - I did not get any. Others with me said it had a strong vinegar flavor - Carolina I guess. All of the chicken styles and seafood were good. I am gluten free and found plenty to eat. All of the staff were friendly and pleasant. If you can help it, go to the bathroom somewhere else.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank houston605

neworleansLA
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was on a road trip on I95 and didn't want to spend too much time for lunch. The parking lot of Carolina BBQ was packed so I pulled in and was not disappointed. It was an after church crowd and it was obvious that many of the patrons were regulars. The staff was friendly and helped me get seated quickly so that I could begin eating. I was not prepared for the variety and freshness of the offerings. The fried chicken was a delight and was replenished constantly. The fish was baked, broiled or fried. Too many vegetables to list and all prepared from scratch. Many choices of dessert and a cup of hot tea left me delighted and very full. My only regret was that I could not try everything. I look forward to going back again and again. I'm a huge fan and the price cannot be beat. Oh, and the BBQ was delicious.

• Visited January 2014
Boston
“Good Southern Sampler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

For us Northerners, its always an interesting experience tasting cuisine of other regions. Carolina BBQ allow you to try many dishes, some I've never had and some I've never even heard of. There were two complete buffet tables of main dishes and sides, a salad bar and a dessert table. For $8.95!!! The fried chicken legs were delicious and I had about ten of them. And some of the tastiest cole slaw as well. Add some collards, black eye peas, mashed potatoes and corn bread and you have a very happy northerner. Fine cuisine...no its not, but unpretentious southern down home food, it works for me. If Iived around here I'd probably eat here once a week.

• Visited December 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great down home Southern food at great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Saw the sign miles before I stopped and decided to try it. What a joy! I am not a fan of buffets in general but the food was better than a sit down meal. The greens, corn, dirty rice, fried chicken and southern style cole slaw were to die for. The hush puppies were very good, as was the corn bread, sauces to put on the chicken, and salad bar. The warm peach cobbler and Ambrosia topped off a perfect down home meal. Unlike most buffets, the food was all kept hot and delicious and my water glass constantly full! A five star experience at a McDonald's price point. Now Emporia should be known for this humble, All-American place, instead of the rapacious speed traps their conscienceless police set up. Those are the most obnoxious and unforgiving on the entire I 95 corridor, fro Maine to Miami! The town must depend on them for revenue. Be warned and obey the speed limit on 95 and elsewhere! They let no one off, tickets start at $125 and God help you if you are 11 miles or more over their speed limit. That is considered wreckless driving and it cost a fellow road warrior $850 for the lawyer, which you must have and the ticket! In spite of the rapine of the police, I will make this a regular stop on my frequent journeys.

• Visited October 2013
Suffolk, Virginia
“Ain't as Good as It Once Was”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We started going here about 6 - 8 months ago. We are willing to make the almost an hour drive for good food. Theirs was good at the beginning. The last couple of the food has not been that good. It tastes more like processed food that was delivered and heated up there.
The restaurant also needs a good clean up. The restrooms were terrible the last time we went. When we told the cashier she said OK thanks.
We quit going there after that and really don't see the need to go back.
If you're looking for good BBQ, go just a little further off the interstate (abt. 2 miles) to Wilson's BBQ & Grill. It's a small place but the food is much better. Looking for BBQ you will not be sorry if you pass on the Carolina BBQ & Chicken for Wilson's.

• Visited August 2013