“Great little find on the way home from vacation”

Carolina BBQ & Chicken Incorporated
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamilton, NJ
“Great little find on the way home from vacation”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Looking for a place to stop for dinner on the way home to NJ from Myrtle Beach, we saw a sign for a Waffle House and something called the Cookout. I didn't realize that Cookout was a fast food place, so I drove another block and saw this place, and pulled in, not knowing it was a buffet until we walked in.

$5 for kids, $2 for toddlers, and $9 for adults, plus drinks and a tip. Can't beat it! Selection was good, with everything from salad to fried chicken. Biscuits and cornbread were awesome, as was the mashed potatoes. I didn't try everything on the buffet, but everything I had was great.

Dessert was a little lacking, but probably only because I don't eat 75% of what they had for dessert.

Great little find!

• Visited July 2013

Franklin, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had enjoyed my past visits to this restaurant and was looking forward to this one. I had made this visit part of my birthday request and traveled out of the way to get there. Once there I was terribly disappointed at the quality of the food. They have very good food, but it is enjoyable when hot. The food was not as tasty cold. The first night I thought it may have been a fluke, but when we went back the second night, the food was just as cold. When the server asked if everything was ok, I told her the food was cold and maybe some one should check the warming station. She was very polite and apologized. She apparently spoke to someone and was told that the temperature check was just done and it registered 160 degrees. I informed her, that the food was still cold. Needless to say this meal was not enjoyed, and I more than likely will not return.

• Visited June 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Nice lunch stop”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through on the way to the beach and we stopped here. My husband said it was a good sign that there were state trucks in the parking lot since it meant this is a place the locals go. This buffet was nothing fancy but $8 per person ($2.19 for our 4 year old) got you salads, veggies, lots of meat choices and desserts. We were especially impressed with the homemade mashed potatoes and the fried chicken. The rolls and desserts were pretty good too. We would eat here again!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Brandis R
“Excellent Buffet with great sweet iced tea!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Excellent Buffet with a variety of choices both healthy and not so healthy!!! Try it for yourself and you will agree!

• Visited April 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Worth a visit if you want to try something different !”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Realy down home and casual. Good chicken both fried and based and both types of Barbaque...Carolina and Viginia..The place is not modern by no means but they try and keep it clean.All food is served buffet style with the exception of drinks.Reasonably priced at $10.99 per person.

If you feel adventourous and what to try something different than Applebees or Cracker Barrell, give this place a try..

Visited April 2013