“Hidden jewel”

Carolina BBQ & Chicken Incorporated
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stopped at this buffet instead of other restaurants in the area, and had mixed reviews. My dad and I both love southern comfort food and enjoyed having an authentic meal. That night's special was frog legs--tastes like a mix of chicken and fish..not too bad! My sister and mom weren't as thrilled since they are used to New England style cooking, but they still thought it wasn't bad. Our waitress was the definition of southern hospitality and was hands on the entire time. It's not 5 star cuisine but down home, country cooking. Avoid if you're on a diet, because although they have a salad bar, the other items are tempting. You can tell that this is where the locals go and that most tourists opted for the cracker barrel or applebees next door. True southern establishment.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Get the sweet tea. But not if you are a diabetic. lol. Barbecue chicken was my favorite. Mashed tators and chicken gravy. Don't forget the yeast rolls. Dessert was the strawberry shortcake. Again, not if you are a diabetic. Definitely will eat here again

1  Thank JoannieV
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Not the fanciest place to eat, but the food is great. I've been there twice and will go again, probably today. I only get a small sample of everything because it all taste good to me. I have to drive an hour away and it's worth it.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We love NC style BBQ and this was excellent. The fried chicken was very good also. So many choices on this buffet only restaurant. No beer to wash it down with, which seemed odd for a BBQ restaurant but good service and great food and a good price.

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant on the way to Washington DC. We almost didn't see the place.

The food here is great. They have all the southern favorites, and all of it is cooked to perfection. The lunch buffet was only 7.49.

I highly recommend CBBQ if you're in Emporia.