“Clean and wonderfully situated!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean and wonderfully situated!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is an excellent stop and stay over hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. Most importantly it is next to everything. There is free breakfast which is a treat and the staff were friendly, even accommodating a slightly earlier check i request due to our fatigue from travel.

I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This particular Country Inn has problems. Most are very good but this one has had an unaddressed WiFi problem for over a year. WiFi doesn't reach rooms that are more than half way down the hall from the lobby. Same problem March 2012 also, still not fixed. My room 102 was a handicapped room, why I got it I havn't a clue. They were still taking walk-ins when I returned to the front desk for the third time. Besides the WiFi issue the air conditioner wouldn't come on and the desk clerk had to "show me the secret" Turn off automatic fan, switch it to high and set thermostat to 60. "But I don't want it that cold" she said turn it off when it's cold enough. What????? Also the desk lamp wouldn't work but since they haven't got the promised wifi who cares right? Country Inn should close this location before it riuns the reputation of the rest.

Room Tip: Saty away from rooms that are not close to the lobby if you want WiFi
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank livsea2
HarryS854, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to the Country Inn & Suites brand, and for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with your accommodations and offer my apologies. Please feel free to contact me 434-336-0001 if you would like to discuss further. I hope you consider giving us another opportunity to earn your trust the next time you are in Emporia.
Corning
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at this property on our way home from Florida to upstate NY. The hotel is ideally located for this trip and accepts pets which is a big plus. The property was very clean with many options for a quick meal very close by which was great after driving many hours. Very easy off and back on interstate 95. I did not give it 5 stars as the water for our showers in the morning was lukewarm at best. Not certain if it was a capacity issue as the property was very full. I did notify the front desk and was assured that it would be investigated. Breakfast was very good and the staff very friendly and accomodating. I will definitely stay here agin in the future.

Brookeville, Maryland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Country Inn in Emporia this year on our annual trip south. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last year. In each property, we booked a "suite" so that we could put the little one to sleep at her normal bedtime and have a separate space to watch TV/iPad/read, and in general not have to go to sleep at the little one's bedtime. The big advantage to the Country Inn over the Holiday Inn was that the "suite" actually does consist of a separate room with a door so that the bedroom is completely separate from the sitting room. At the Holiday Inn, the "suite" was really just an extended room so that there was no real separation between the bedroom and the sitting room. The Country Inn "suite" was about $5 more than the Holiday Inn "suite," but well worth it.

Staff at the Country Inn was very polite and courteous. Very convenient walk across the parking lot to Applebee's/Cracker Barrel, as opposed to the Holiday Inn which requires a very short drive to get to restaurants. Breakfast at both properties were comparable. The actual room at the Holiday Inn was much more modern, much more spacious, and much brighter. The television at the Country Inn was half the size of the television at the Holiday Inn and had horrible reception (not good during NCAA tournament time). Hence, the conclusions -- if traveling with kids with an early bedtime, go with the Country Inn. If traveling without kids, I'd choose the Holiday Inn over the Country Inn.

It's a

Florida
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Moved to Florida from Maine a year ago and chose Emporia, VA to stop through. The town itself is a bit hustle and bustle but once I checked into Country Inn & Suites I felt like I was in the quiet country. The room was so fresh and the linens so soft and conferrable. I slept through the day so I could hit the highway at night and didn't hear a peep from anybody, and I am a fairly light sleeper. The breakfast was great and they even let me check in early (no to say they let everyone, thou). I am glad I stayed here and will definitley stay again when I make my way back to the northeast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'll start by saying I really wanted to go with 3.5 stars and I'll get to why. If you're looking for a clean spot with comfy beds, and who isn't, then this is a decent option. This was a priceline bid stop so we didn't overpay. I erred on the Very Good side because if you've gone up and down the interstates you know what kind've rooms you can get into and this was very comfortable and well, safe. Staff are friendly and helpful. So why didn't I want to go with Very Good? Coupla things ... breakfast was decent but clean cutlery were hard to come by I had to ask for a spoon which was dipped into a sink and handed to me ... and if you want to relax for 5 minutes in a hot tub like area after a day of driving it's more like a luke-warm tub with someone blowing bubbles into it with a straw. So depends on what you're looking for but I'd stay there again if you can get a good rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hotel was nice . Stayed there for one night on a drive back up north. Cookies were warm and yummy. Room was clean and quiet. Free Wifi. Also had a lot of resturants in the area. Applebees 2 min walk. Nice place to stay ,but not for $110 per night. I was on a saturday night though. Did not try the breakfast...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Scags217
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
Sleep Inn Emporia
#6 of 12 in Emporia
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke Rapids

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Emporia? Share your experiences!