“EXTREMELY FILTHY!!”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
va
“EXTREMELY FILTHY!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

This hotel was extremely dirty and appalling!! I was given a non-smoking room but there were ashes all over the night table, the phone was black with dirt, the lights in the bathroom did not work and when I pulled back the sheets there was HAIR all in the sheets!! The bed had been made up with out changing the sheets!!! The furniture was full of stains! I asked for another room and that one was not much better. The phone did not work, the towels had holes in them and there were TOE NAIL clippings all over the floor. The carpet was so dirty I was afraid to walk on it! The only reason I did not get up and walk out was that I had 2 young kids and it was 12:00 at night and I was exhausted from driving all day. The night clerk was very nice and keep apologizing. I made this reservation for this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, This hotel has gone down hill since the last review!!! The only saving grace was that I told them I was not going to pay for the hotel and they did not charge me.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank samVa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2007

My grandson and I stopped for a night on our way to visit friends in VA. This motel was good for an overnight stop, but it's not convenient to stores/food. There is one restaurant and convenience store within walking distance.

The room we received was comfortable and I found everything to be in working order. The air conditioner is not cut on until a guest checks in. When I cut ours on and it didn't work, I called the front desk and was informed that it would come on in a couple of minutes, which it did. The carpet and bed linens were clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bath mat in the tub was either dirty, or stained with dirt, and needed to be cleaned with some bleach. The TV bureau had not been dusted on the top, but the rest of the furniture was clean.

My grandson enjoyed the pool and playground. The playground needs a little renovation.

The continental breakfast was adequate, but I wasn't really tempted by anything. They had waffles, Englist muffins, 2-3 small muffins (blueberry, etc.), apples, cereal, juice, milk and coffee. My grandson did like the waffle station (he always does).

The one really good feature about this motel is their employees. They are very friendly and personable.

All in all, I was comfortable for a one night stay, but felt the price was a little high for the location.

• Liked — Very friendly staff
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Teresa S
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2007

I chose to stay here as I could get a free Choice Priviledge night due to the hotel's low rates. I arrived with trepidation (due to the relatively inexpensive room rates), and the somewhat desolate surroundings did not inspire confidence.

I checked in and went to my room and was instantly delighted. The room was spacious and well appointed! Although admittedly the decor was dated, everything was clean and in perfect working order.

I enjoyed the comfortable recliner chair, flawless wifi service and full cable TV. The staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful with accurate directions. The breakfast was a nice surprise as well (I loooove those make your own Belgian Waffles).

I look forward to staying here again the next time I travel I-95, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Joedawun
Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I always try to stay at Comfort Inns and have never been disappointed. This one (as expected) was excellent.

Only problem is location- hard to find, VERY difficult access to the motel from the road, and about 7 miles from "fast food" etc.

Would recommend but DON'T GET UPSET TRYING TO GET THERE!

• Liked — Clean, updated.
  • Disliked — Location, difficult access.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathyh4
Reading, PA
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Room is a large size, and nicely furnished . It was slightly less than perfectly clean, but passable. Easy access to I-95. Staff was friendly and and polite and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

PA
Reviewed October 7, 2006

We had needed a room for a fast rest over the Chevy 500 Rock & Rock weekend in Richmond Va. We were headed to the beach and not willing to pay for an overpriced room!!! The COMFORT INN @ Emporia fit the bill. We pulled in at 12:30 a.m. tired and just needing sleep our check in was so amazingly fast and without problem. I would recommend Hotels.com for on line booking. Rooms were very clean and beds very comfy. Staff in the morning very friendly and very fast check-out . Trains???? What trains....saw the track in the morning but never heard them thru the night!!! Very affordable and making this the stop over motel when travelling to the beach!!!!

• Liked — reasonable price- didnot take advantage of the race in Richmond by raising prices/ Emporia is still well with-in Richmond and they could have made alot of money!!!
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Valari
Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2006

We stayed at this hotel on a trip from Philadelphia to Daytona Beach. We always stop in Emporia for the night when we make this trip, but usually can't find a decent hotel for an affordable price....I think we've definitely found it now. The building itself looks older on the outside, but the rooms are very nicely maintained and VERY clean! I was surprised at how clean our room was. There was a fridge, microwave, hair dryer and ironing board. Very clean bathroom and very nice service. My favorite part: their continental breakfast has a do-it-yourself waffle iron that makes the best waffles! :) Good hotel for the money.

If you are looking for a little more luxury and can afford to spend a little more money...go for the Hampton Inn in Emporia...that is where we usually stay and it is great...but more expensive!

• Liked — very clean and great service for a reasonable price
  • Disliked — it would've been nice if the building was newer, but the inside of the rooms were very clean and well maintained
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the waffle iron! It's great!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple