“Good overnighter.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Good overnighter.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

Stayed here over night as a travel place to stay. Room was decent. Clean. The contintal breakfast was nice too. Id recommend.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tennboy1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

This was a vast improvement over my stay at the Super 8 in Rowland, NC.

I chose Super 8 because I was traveling with my dog & wanted a pet friendly place!

It was hoppin' there when I arrived & even though some of the travelers that were checking in were a bit "road weary & cranky" the absolutely adorable & friendly woman behind the counter didn't lose one bit of cheeriness. It was after 10pm.

Given that Super 8 is a budget hotel, I was very satisfied with the value for my dollar. While it wasn't luxury, it was very pleasant & clean & a great alternative for a budget-minded traveler.

The beds were comfortable enough that I slept through breakfast & the bedding was clean. The bathroom was also very clean & the whole room was well-lit. I felt safe in the parking lot, as well as in my room. I am a woman who travels alone with my two children.

My only complaint is very minor, the toilet seat did not fit the commode, which made shutting the door a bit of a shimmy-ing game. I also hesitate to mention this, because I don't believe the hotel had any control over it, however... I did receive a prank phone call at 1am, claiming to be the front desk.

I called to let the front desk know the next morning & apparently, every room got a similar phone call. They apologized immediately.

When I checked out a couple of hours later, they apologized again & asked specifically what the call was about & we all got a chuckle.

All the people that worked there were extremely friendly & I would whole-heartedly recommend this property to any budget or through-traveler. Having a great staff made a lasting impression on me.

• Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MamaScrappy
Kiwis on the Roadtrip
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

Called in to use the voucher from Roomsaver which proved no problem.
Front desk was very helpful and welcoming.Room was comfortable and clean
Good variety for breakfast in a large dining area..

• Liked — Very good value for money
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Whiskers007
Va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Well where do I start. My sister and I went to Emopria for a sort stay. when we got to the room it looked ok >>>>then I went to the bath room there was this ring around the tub it was just dirty. and dust every where. went to make coffee and the grounds form the last stay was still in there. OMG My sister picked up the pillow the next morning and the case fell off. And the pillow was full of mole, told the desk and they did take $10 off but we could have got ill from all that dirt. I think you need to train your housekeepers better. or are they to lazy to do their JOB

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank rjhVa

Travelers are raving about these Emporia hotels

Hudson, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

Stayed on a return trip from Pennsylvania as an unexpected stop. We used one of those hotel coupon travel books you get along the interstate ($45.00). Thought we were going to a Comfort Inn but they just had a conversion to a Super 8. I was apprehensive but we were tired and it was late. As noted in another post this place is in the middle of no where except there was a truck stop/restaurant plaza. Everything else is back north of this exit.

We stayed in fom 123/124. All in all the rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a frig and micro. The property is tired but ok. The breakfast was the usual cereal, juice, make your own waffle fare. The front desk folks were polite. The wireless internet worked which made the kids happy.

If you need a place to lay your head and not spend a fortune it was passable.

• Disliked — Location was not convenient
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

This hotel was extremely dirty and appalling!! I was given a non-smoking room but there were ashes all over the night table, the phone was black with dirt, the lights in the bathroom did not work and when I pulled back the sheets there was HAIR all in the sheets!! The bed had been made up with out changing the sheets!!! The furniture was full of stains! I asked for another room and that one was not much better. The phone did not work, the towels had holes in them and there were TOE NAIL clippings all over the floor. The carpet was so dirty I was afraid to walk on it! The only reason I did not get up and walk out was that I had 2 young kids and it was 12:00 at night and I was exhausted from driving all day. The night clerk was very nice and keep apologizing. I made this reservation for this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, This hotel has gone down hill since the last review!!! The only saving grace was that I told them I was not going to pay for the hotel and they did not charge me.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank samVa
Aiken, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

My grandson and I stopped for a night on our way to visit friends in VA. This motel was good for an overnight stop, but it's not convenient to stores/food. There is one restaurant and convenience store within walking distance.

The room we received was comfortable and I found everything to be in working order. The air conditioner is not cut on until a guest checks in. When I cut ours on and it didn't work, I called the front desk and was informed that it would come on in a couple of minutes, which it did. The carpet and bed linens were clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bath mat in the tub was either dirty, or stained with dirt, and needed to be cleaned with some bleach. The TV bureau had not been dusted on the top, but the rest of the furniture was clean.

My grandson enjoyed the pool and playground. The playground needs a little renovation.

The continental breakfast was adequate, but I wasn't really tempted by anything. They had waffles, Englist muffins, 2-3 small muffins (blueberry, etc.), apples, cereal, juice, milk and coffee. My grandson did like the waffle station (he always does).

The one really good feature about this motel is their employees. They are very friendly and personable.

All in all, I was comfortable for a one night stay, but felt the price was a little high for the location.

• Liked — Very friendly staff
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family