“Nice for the price”
Review of Motel 6 Emporia

Motel 6 Emporia
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Clean, no bugs, friendly staff, free fi-hi and I was surprised to find a whirl pool tub. All for $41. For the price it's surprisingly nice. Don't go here expecting the Hilton Garden. The rest of this review is to meet the 200 character minimum for a review which I didn't need in order to say what I wanted about the room.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have had my share of staying at Motel 6 establishments. This one was actually cleaner than most. There was a large desk in the room with two comfortable chairs. It is very conveniently located right off Interstate 95. The room was very lean and everything was comfortable. I often visit relatives in North Carolina and Emporia is about 2/3 of the way to our destination in Washington, N.C. We often stop in this area because it is a convenient location on the way home and we are in the area after work around 10 PM. We had a terrible visit at a Howard Johnson's in Petersburg earlier. This location was much nicer for about 2/3 the price. It is our new stop location from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Will not stay at another Motel 6 ever again. The front desk woman was very nice and personable. The room is a whole other story. Looked like the comforter/sheets hadn't been washed in weeks. The phone was dirty, saw a cobweb on the light fixture next to the bed and there were some kind of flying insects in the room (not flys). It looked like the only thing the housekeeper did was change the trash bags. The price of the room was only $40 dollars but from now on I will spend the extra money to stay at a better CLEANER hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Breen003
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stopped at this motel overnight, solely for the purpose of a hot shower and a clean bed after a 10 hour drive from upstate New York. We got there after midnight and there was a very nice man behind the counter...he originally said the price would be 43.99 for two adults. A few minutes later, he changed the price to 37.99, which was fine by us. The bed was clean and semi-comfortable, the heat was nice and warm on a crappy rainy night, the tv worked.
There was no fridge, which was ok because we were there to sleep. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked great...however, the towels in the bathroom must have been made for gnomes because they were very small. No hairdryer and no toiletries other than the miniature bar of soap. Other than that it completely served its' purpose. Got a decent night's sleep and were on our way by 9 a.m. There is a Waffle House located in the same parking lot, which we didn't get the opportunity to try.
I don't know if we will ever get by that way again, but if we do, we would definitely stay here to rest our weary heads. Just don't expect much other than a cozy bed and a hot shower.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is your basic decent Motel 6. It was clean and the desk clerk was nice. I just wanted a good nights sleep and I got one here. I'd stay at this one again. It's too bad all Motel 6s aren't held to a certain standard, this one was fine. For the $$$ it was just fine with me and my dog liked it too.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iamleggs
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stopped here in Nov 12, for a nights rest while traveling to the north. Very pleased when I opened the door. The room was much bigger than your usual Motel 6, the motel appeared to have been another type at one time, did not have the look of Motel 6's. It also had free WiFi( which worked very well), which most Motel 6's charge 2.99
The room was very clean, saw no problems either when I got in late at night or when I got up. The bathroom had a tub shower combo and plenty of towels were in room. The bed was fairly comfortable. Overall I had a good nights rest at this establishment,
I did not see any of the problems that other reviewers saw

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank garedsoxfan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have stayed in cheap hotels enough to know not to have excessively high expectations. Still small blood stains on the sheets, crusty yellow material lining the mattress seams and large brown stains on the sides of the mattress left me wondering what I was sleeping on.
The front desk night attendant was not very friendly or helpful. Her response to the complaints was that she has no access to new linens and that she would mention the issue to management. However I noticed she didn't make any notes and no one followed up.
Also the hotel is located in a dead section of town with no real nearby food or gas. If I had just gone up one more exit I would have had loads of options.
Would not recommend.