“Large rooms, Poorly lit at night”

Knights Inn Emporia
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Baltimore
“Large rooms, Poorly lit at night”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had two rooms in early August. Both were large and clean but one had a faint smell of pet urine. We arrived late at night and we were told our rooms were around the back. It was poorly lit and we were the only ones in the back at that point so it was a little daunting. Later on a few more cars arrived and that made us feel better.

On the plus side, the manager was very polite and even made a fresh pot of coffee for us in the morning before breakfast hours began. We found the beds comfortable enough (a little on the hard side though) and really appreciated the refrigerator in one of the rooms. The price was very low and it served us well for a night. Easy on/off I 95.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sca6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Old motel that needs repair. Room was clean but toilet leaked when flushed and the air conditioner was stopped up and the condensation was leaking into the room. The rug was wet and had been for some time because there was white mold on the carpet under the air conditioner. The bed was very hard. On a positive note, the manager was very friendly and accommodating. Less than $50 to stay so we didn't really expect much.

• Stayed July 2013
Baton Rouge
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Traveling to Pa last night and it was storming and getting late. Found the hotel in a coupon book and it was very easy to find. Very Clean and well taken care of . The Manager Denis was very friendly and as we were leaving this morning made sure that we had coffee and breakfast we left early. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: All the parking is right outside your door so you can get in and out very easy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank meresab72
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did a 1 night stop here because of the reasonable advertised price. I was shocked at the final price and asked the manager about it. He told me there was a 15% hotel tax imposed by the state and county. The room was stark at best. If you like really hard beds...this is for you. It was really uncomfortable for me. At 4:30 a.m. there is a train thaty seems to go by every 1/2 hour and blow its whistle. Another added feature!! Oh yes, the "continental breakfast" consisted of a packaged crumb roll, orange juice, and coffee. We were told that they usually have milk but it didn't get delivered. I will say, the coffee was very good. Skip the rest! Internet couldn't be reached in the room and were told to come to the lobby to get internet assess! When I logged on, I searched tax rates and found out there was a 5% tax set by the state and 2% set by the county. I confronted the manager who eventually agreed and reimbursed me for the difference. The location is actually about 5 miles from the actual town. There is much more in the town itself...or travel a few more exits and get into N.C.!!! I would NOT stay here again!

Room Tip: Keep going...don't stop here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nalehpr

Travelers are raving about these Emporia hotels

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were on our way to Myrtle Beach and just needed a place to stop for one night without killing our budget. This hotel fit the bill. It's a much older hotel(they even use real keys lol) but it's clean, comfortable and above all cheap. We used our Wyndham points but we are told this hotel is about $35/night on average. I wouldn't recommend this place for extended stays but for a clean bed and hot shower for a night I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Quickdraw514
Morrill
Reviewed March 29, 2012

When we checked in, I found the lobby dirty and smelly. We checked in anyway. I entered our room and found it filthy, with a ugly musty odor. I could not imagine sleeping in the room or eating their "free breakfast" in the lobby. We immediately returned to the front desk and canceled our reservation. The desk clerk was courteous and offered us another room. We declined.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple