“A dirty smelly dump!”

Knights Inn Emporia
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

When we checked in, I found the lobby dirty and smelly. We checked in anyway. I entered our room and found it filthy, with a ugly musty odor. I could not imagine sleeping in the room or eating their "free breakfast" in the lobby. We immediately returned to the front desk and canceled our reservation. The desk clerk was courteous and offered us another room. We declined.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Traveler33470

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here on trip back from Florida,check in the owner you could not meet a nicer guy really helpful and polite. The room was large and newly renovated and very comfortable. The only downside the location of the hotel is a bit out of the way with nothing inwalking distance,other than that a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda S
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Spent the night during Thanksgiving Travel. Danny couldn't have been nicer. We had to change our night a couple times because of personal reasons and he was pleasant and No worries each time. Our Room was Huge and Clean, Refrigerator, Microwave and Cable. Wireless Internet in the Lobby. Free Breakfast was Coffee, cold cereal, Juices and small danish. For the price of the room, I feel that was great to have anything offered. I was happy that my little dog could stay too. Older posts don't apply ....I think He's working on rooms updating a few a time.Gas was 3 miles away. but you could get on I-95 easy from there. It's a great place to rest and get back on I-95 in the morning.

Room Tip: We stayed in a building in the Back...large room and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jane C
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Two days in advance of Hurricane Irene, we booked a room for two nights at this hotel. Called to confirm on the day we were due to arrive, and were told "there were problems with your room". The innkeeper, Danny, proceeded to tell me that a large part of the hotel had water damage...and this supposedly occurred when there hasn't been rain for over a month. I suspect he booked to our reserved room to a drive up customer, as all hotels in the whole area are fully booked because of impending storm. This is very bad hotel customer service...so, just be forewarned before you make reservations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joyous-gypsy
Reviewed November 14, 2010

The staff was incredibly polite and courteous to me, the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. All in all I would recommend this room to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travelguy026
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I spent the night near Emporia for business. I love old motels, and went looking on US 301. This place is probably from the mid-'50s, an enormous complex of single story rooms built back when there was no 95. I'm not sure what it was built as, but the Knight's Inn rebranding has saved it from the fate of most of the motels whose corpses litter America's saddest highway.
I wasn't expecting much, therefore this place exceeded expectations. The rate was incredibly cheap, $34 including tax. The manager was happy to show me a room. The room was adequate. The carpet and bed were clean, but the wallpaper had some water damage. The furniture was older, but not beat up. There was a fridge and a phone, but no clock. The cable didn't work for all the channels, but gets most of the movie ones. The really annoying thing was that the light switch controlled all the outlets. So much for watching TV in bed (I could not turn one lamp off due to a worn knob.)
The bathroom was clean, but unfortunately seemed to have been renovated in the '70s or '80s, so there wasn't much vintage coolness going on. It looked like the pool was useable, but of course it was closed at this time of year.
The trains didn't bother me, and the bed was warm and comfortable. All in all, not bad for what/where it is.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed April 26, 2009

This is an older place, but the pleasant and attentive staff (Dennis & Bobbie) make up for anything that the years might have taken away. The rooms that we have stayed in were spotless, well provided for and comfy (even down to the colorful flowers on the nightstand). Breakfast is simple - warm drinks, cereal & toast - but all you care to eat. Very reasonably priced compared to in town a few miles to the south. If driving from the south, I would say stop in Emporia, get dinner to go (use US 301 North) and eat it in your room. Cable TV with movie channels and wireless internet connection is available at no charge. Very easy access to I-95. I would recommend staying here to anyone who recognizes and appreciates a good value.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Toby1998
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emporia
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Emporia, VA
#4 of 12 in Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
Hampton Inn Emporia
#1 of 12 in Emporia

Been to Knights Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!