“Unexpected for such a small town”

Ciro's Italian Eatery
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Definitely a family friendly dining establishment. Our group was served promptly and our drinks were never near empty without being filled promptly. Portion size was very good and represented great value. We ordered the calimari, focaccia bread as appetizers and they were spot on. The Calzone and Ny Style pizza were very good but not exceptional. I would definitely frequent again when in the area.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've often gone past Ciro's when visiting/walking the local trails in Shenandoah National Park, about eight miles away. Finally got a chance to stop in for a small carry-out lunch. Inside decor looks nice and comfortable. Menu is extensive; seems like most everything on the regular menu is available for take-away. I ordered a meatball and pepper sub; it was served up in under ten minutes at lunch time. A very generously sized sub for a shade over six dollars, including tax. Tasted delicious; half came home for the next day's lunch. Will return to Ciro's for a sit-down meal next time I'm in Elkton.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Tonight was the last night I will eat at Ciro's. I ordered a Chicken Parm sub and an order of onion rings. They brought out French fries instead. We told the guy that brought it out that it was wrong and he said we could keep the fries free of charge since they'd be thrown out and he'd put in the order for onion rings. Well the bill comes and we're charged for both. We inform the server that we shouldn't be charged for the fries. The manager comes and says "I took the fries charge off but for future reference if its brought to the table and eaten you will be charged." I said "we were told they'd be thrown out and that we could have them free of charge." The manager responded "that was wrong and charging you was correct so remember that for future reference." Now mind you, we were brought the wrong thing to begin with and wasn't out fault. So "for future reference" the $40 I spent tonight for the 3 of us will be the last $ you ever get from me.

1  Thank BB9357
Brenda F, Manager at Ciro's Italian Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

As manager of CIro's I wish to apologize for the unpleasant experience you had on Monday night. The Lead Server who spoke to you miscommunicated our policy and certainly did not demonstrate our desire to provide excellent service. We pride ourselves on our service reputation and, therefore, I wish to convey to you my regrets. I hope you will allow us to make this up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife had the gnocchi and I had fettuccine in a cream sauce with bacon and peas. We had salad and plenty of garlic bread. Good sized portion and reasonable prices. I had a side of meatballs which admittedly I did not need. Owned by the same people who have the Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were so delighted with everything at this restaurant. We only give 5 stars when the food, service and atmosphere were all so excellent that we want to come back. This restaurant easily made the grade. The decor was lovely - it's in a beautiful stand alone building in a Food Lion mini mall. The service was excellent. Our server Alex gave helpful suggestions with his cheerful engaging personality. He was clearly proud to work there which is so nice to see these days.
And as previous reviewers noted, the food was wonderful. For Appetizers don't miss the mussels in white wine, garlic and lemon. The sauce will make you wipe your plate clean with their excellent bread. Fried calamari came with the most delicious marinara sauce for dipping. For the Main Course we tried manicotti, gnocchi, and eggplant Parmesan. The pastas were so light and flavorful they almost floated off the plate. And the manicotti and gnocchi were served on the plate rather than in a casserole dish as seen in so many Italian restaurants. We much prefer Ciro's method of serving these dishes. For Dessert we tried fried cheesecake with ice cream - an unusual item that was loved by the youngster in our party. And on the way out, the cordial manager was there to thank us for coming - a very nice touch. We'll be back real soon. You should not miss this place!