“Good thing they're far out”

The Palisades Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Eggleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Wow, if this place was located in a city it would be hard to ever get a reservation, it is amazing! Had dinner here with sister in law who is local and goes here frequently. We had such a good time, what a great atmosphere, though it is pretty loud (and hard to converse) with a band playing in the small space. Everything we had was top notch, from our appetizer, the wine, salads (try their incredible ranch dressing!), and entrees. Also ordered a pizza to take-out and enjoy the next day on a road trip! If you are near here and looking for some GOOD FOOD it is worth seeking out. I had read some of the reviews on here before we went and was worried about leaving hungry... but we were stuffed! The grits were to die for, I've never had any so good. A very unique and friendly place.

There are newer reviews for The Palisades Restaurant

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband surprised me with our 6 month anniversary dinner. Bit off the beaten track, but well worth it! We had the hummus appetizer, which was served with pita bread and was pretty good. I'm not a food lover, so it takes a lot for me to rant and rave about how delicious a meal was. On that note, I ordered the pork chop and it was AMAZING. It was pretty big, not too fatty, and had so much flavor! My husband got the chef's special, which was barbecue pork with a baked apple. He loved it!! Again, great portion size and tons of flavor in everything! After we finished eating, our server brought us a dessert for our anniversary. Absolutely delicious!

I do want to give a shout out to our server, Bethany. We honestly could not have asked for a better server! She was very friendly and made sure everything was just right! This was especially nice since the level of service in the Blacksburg area is terrible at best.

Overall, excellent food and service! A little pricey compared to restaurants in the Blacksburg area, but more than worth it! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a friend take us through the Virginia hills and backroads to this terrific place. Everything homemade and made to order. An ambitious menu with venison, duck, seafood,etc. My friends had dinner salads, two with fresh turkey and one with beautifully rare beef and blue cheese. I started with a mussel order off the appetizer menu. Nicely done with an herbed cream sauce with homemade bread. My entrée was an outstanding duck dish. It stewlike pieces of duck with a very savory sauce served over sweet potato dumplings and accompanied by fresh green beans. We shared a dessert of apple cobbler with homemade ice cream. Live folk music provided the background for a great meal.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I love the food and live music events that happen here. I make pottery for the gift store, so of course I love it. But honestly, the food is great, I love the atmosphere and when the music is playing this old historic general store of a building really comes alive!!! A must see on your way back from a hike at the Cascades Hiking trail or while staying at the nearby Mountain Lake Resort.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Yes yes yes. Great food, wonderful Atmosphere, ultra-friendly staff. Out of the way but worth the trip. This place could compete anywhere. We ate dinner two nights in a row everything was delicious. Fresh salads and soups and varied entrees. Relaxed and welcoming and very busy. You have to mean to get there you'd never happen to come across it. Really a GEM! Go!