“The place for lunch in Edinburg, VA...”

Sal's Italian Bistro
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Edinburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wonderful lunch meal! My wife had soup and I had a sandwich, and both were great! Including beverages, our meal was under $12. Our server was delightful, the spitting image of a young Helen Hunt. Ya gotta try this place!!!

1  Thank SouthernTraveler1861

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on June 26th--it is about 4 minutes off of I-81 and a great local restaurant. The food was great--the calamari was wonderfully seasoned, different than any we've ever had. Portions were large, very flavorful. Sal came out and personally greeted us. We will definitely make this a regular stop when we take our trips along this route in the future! A real treat!

1  Thank EdandCatherine
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had lunch here on May 30. The food was served hot and was large portions for lunch. Excellent taste and service. The restaurant has been updated and was very welcoming. The owner, Sal, came out to welcome his customers!

1  Thank desear2016
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When our office was in Edinburg, I ate here regularly for a time. After a while, I grew dissatisfied with the food quality. Things just became tasteless and bland. I love Italian food, but would rather go to Olive Garden than Sal's. Portions are a good size and the prices were okay; I just didn't enjoy the food.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food at this restaurant was just okay. Nothing special. The salads were tasteless and were way too cold and had canned olives on them. The house salad dresssing tasted like just olive oil. The pastas were cooked well. I had chicken Diavolo. The sauce was tasty and the chicken was cooked well. My husband had the veal Marsala which he really enjoyed - he practically licked the plate clean - not an easy thing to do because the portions are huge. Given the size of the potions, the price was very reasonable. The service seemed a little rushed, but the servers were very pleasant despite the business of the restaurant on a Friday night.

2  Thank Pat D