“Not a fan”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When our office was in Edinburg, I ate here regularly for a time. After a while, I grew dissatisfied with the food quality. Things just became tasteless and bland. I love Italian food, but would rather go to Olive Garden than Sal's. Portions are a good size and the prices were okay; I just didn't enjoy the food.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food at this restaurant was just okay. Nothing special. The salads were tasteless and were way too cold and had canned olives on them. The house salad dresssing tasted like just olive oil. The pastas were cooked well. I had chicken Diavolo. The sauce was tasty and the chicken was cooked well. My husband had the veal Marsala which he really enjoyed - he practically licked the plate clean - not an easy thing to do because the portions are huge. Given the size of the potions, the price was very reasonable. The service seemed a little rushed, but the servers were very pleasant despite the business of the restaurant on a Friday night.

2  Thank Pat D
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When you go to Sal's, be sure to have a hearty appetite. The portions are huge. Two people can easily share one dish. You can choose from a variety of pastas, as well as sauces, in addition to meals featuring meats. You'll leave satisfied -- not only in portions but in the great taste of the meals.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Since Sal's is just minutes off I 81, my daughter and I stopped on our way home from visiting JMU. My daughter was excited since they have build your own pasta dish on the menu. She created gnocchi with a rosa sauce covered in mozzarella. It was excellent and it was generous portion. I ordered Chicken with Prosciutto, Spinach, and Mushrooms in a rosa sauce. My meal was also excellent and offered in a generous portion. The decor is very italian and it recommended me of being in italy. Great place.

1  Thank MDTraveler2010
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food was great! The service was exceptional. I was particularly impressed by the story found in the menu of the owner's background, coming to the United States, and becoming a U.S. citizen.