“It was a good day”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“It was a good day”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We loved the zip line. Some things that are included in a day pass or a la carte are things you can technically do for free (i.e. the maze and mini golf). The rock wall and archery were rather under-whelming. Our daughters loved mining for gems though it was at an additional cost over and above the all day pass that was included with our WagJag package.

Visited August 2013
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Adventure Park, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We are so glad you had a good day with us at the Park, and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Please watch for new attractions for the 2014 season, and think about visiting this winter for snow tubing, skiing or snowshoeing with us.

Best wishes,

Burlington, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not worth the price AND inefficiently run by staff”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I drove to Horseshoe just to come to this adventure park for the day. I purchased discount tickets through one of those on-line promotional websites. I thought for the price and what we would be able to do was a great deal. Our experience started off on the wrong foot. Apparently in this day and age with technology, Horseshoe requires people to still print off vouchers and deliver that piece of paper in order to get the wristbands for the day. I have been a member of that on-line promotional website for 3 years and this is the first time I have heard someone say that they could not accept the voucher number off of my smart phone by either scanning it or writing it down and comparing it to eligible voucher numbers. I wasted 20 minutes of my time trying to reason with two immature workers (who insisted on whispering in front of my face....no class and not professional) at their tack shop and all they could say was "it says to print it at the bottom" and "our accounting department requires a paper copy". They did not even attempt to help me from the beginning. It took me to get pretty upset and ask for a manager before one of them finally wrote down the voucher numbers and gave us our wristbands. Then we all had to get weighed to ensure we were all heavy enough for the zip line. While I did read the minimum weight requirement on the voucher, I didn't realize there was a maximum weight as well and sadly enough not all of us could go on the ride. Also, the Ogo ball attraction was closed and only announced after I already purchased my voucher and that along with the zip line was the main reason for us attending this park. So the same girls at the tack shop did offer us a choice of mining for gemstones, more zip line rides or a trip back to the park. We opted to take the gemstones and extra rides for the zip line. The archery game - you had to be at least 10 years old to play. I did not know this before so my son couldn't play. The other attractions were okay and my kids had a good time but these were typical attractions that are offered everywhere. The zip lining I have to say was an amazing experience. Now, here is where the rest of the day got interesting and not in a good way. Apparently thunder was heard by staff and as such the had to shut down all the rides. I understand the safety precaution and even though we and other customers did not hear the thunder ourselves, we decided to wait it out. A half hour later the staff okayed to re-open the rides, so we want back to the zip line to use all the extra vouchers we got from the weight thing and the ogo being closed only to be told they heard thunder again?? Again no thunder was heard by me or other customers. So basically it was time for the park to close in the next hour and we thought there would be no way for us to get on any rides again so we went back to the tack shop to exchange the vouchers for another trip at the park and the same girls from earlier said there was nothing they could do. When my husband insisted that coming back two days later is not an option for people that live an hour and a half away and who had to work, they said the best they could do was extend it for another week. So at first they could do nothing, then they could extend it for a week??? Which is it? We didn't bother getting another park pass as we took that as our sign that this place just isn't for us and we left.

The only reason I did not rate this place as terrible is because the staff at all the attractions were super nice and friendly. All looked to be teenagers and young 20's and were there to do their job but they were very friendly and apologetic when the attractions shut down, even though they took orders from their superiors and that was the policy I guess. This was all staff except the girls at the tack shop. We especially enjoyed one of the young fellows who showed us his display of photography skills while we were waiting for the weather to let up. What a good bunch of respectable young workers at these attractions! You made our experience not be completely terrible. Sadly though, we will never to return to this park again. Nor will we ever recommend anyone we know come here as it's a waste of money. Even with the amount I paid on the voucher for a family of four, I still ended up overpaying for what we got.

2 Thank IvankaD
Thank you for your visit and for your candid and detailed feedback.

I am most disappointed that you did not feel we offered you smooth service up front. I am sure that this started your experience off on the wrong foot, and it seemed that we could not recover despite your positive comments on the staff throughout the park. Your comments will be shared with the team to ensure that we can improve.

I do want to comment on the issue of ride safety, as you encountered a few instances where this limited your enjoyment. There are min/max weights, ages, clothing requirements and safe operation parameters that must be met. The issue of weather is most delicate. We cannot run attractions with winds above certain thresholds or with any chance of lightning in the area. You may not have heard any thunder, but the radar would likely have shown the need to shut down. Risking your health or that of your family is not an option for us.

I do not have your contact information available. If you wished to contact us, please email Lisa Reid at lisar@horseshoeresort.com for us to follow up with you directly.

Many thanks,

Toronto, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Seeing some past reviews, we were somewhat skeptical but decided to give it a try on our son's birthday. It was an excellent experience. We all enjoyed the day there with so many fun activities: rock climbing, euro bungee, maze, mini putt and zip lining. The park is beautiful and in a scenic setting. Must visit for a day-trip.

Visited August 2013
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Adventure Park, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting the Resort and for posting your experience.

We are flattered that you chose to spend your son's birthday with us and we hope that this becomes a tradition for you.

All the best and please extend our birthday wishes to your son,

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A fun half-day trip”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We bought the day pass through Wagjag. Good value for the money. The OGO was closed but they gave us return pass (not sure can use it this season though, since they couldn't tell us when OGO will be reopen). Lots of activities for our 7yo. Rock climbing, euro bungy, maze, mini golf, archery, and the new attraction: gem mining. I & hubby love the zip lining, which was more enjoyable and not scary at all (I don't enjoy roller coaster ride, but zp lining was fun and pleasant). Bring comfortable shoes for rock climbing and zip lining (they have spare if you do forget). The staff was friendly and helpful in overall. Especially the girl at the zip lining who was so kindly to arrange a transportation for my daughter from the peak to,The bottom while we were zipping down. The restaurant was affordable and the food was quiet good - pizza, fish and chips, kids menu. Definitely bring snack or even picnic here. A wonderful way to spend a summer day!

Visited August 2013
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Adventure Park, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed the experience at the Adventure Park, and thank you for your kindness in posting your feedback.

I am delighted to read of your experience with Zip-lining and the effort of our team member to ensure your child made it safely to the bottom to greet you. Ogo has not yet re-opened as we have had delays in shippng replacement parts and the ability of the installer to be on-site.

We will certainly honour the return visit next season as well.

Wishing you all the best and hoping you will come back for winter activities,

Paris, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“lots to do”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Adventure park has lots to do if you have the time to book ahead. Zip line is amazing and walking through the tree courses are an experience. Most of the park is geared to young ones between 6 to 16.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank William D
Sean B, General Manager at Horseshoe Adventure Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting the Resort and for posting your feedback!

Our Ziplines and canopy walk are perfect combinations to the adventure park and do up the thrill limit and broaden the appeal. We would love to have you back again soon.

Again, thank you for your business,