“Different Cooks?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Montclair Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Italian, American, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dumfries, Virginia
“Different Cooks?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Used to come for breakfast and lunch--really liked Greek Salad, but lots of outer tough leaves last time. Bacon was cooked a couple of days ago? French toast still really good.

Visited March 2012

Michigan
“Nice people but average food, average price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff was nice and quick, but the food was sub-par. The mashed potatoes were from a tub and the roast beef was fatty and grisly. The salad had been made many hours, maybe days before I ate it. I'm not the type to complain, so I ate it and was satisfied, maybe they would have got something better, I dont know. Portion size was good. The peas were probably the best part of the meal, and I dont like peas! Typical mom and pop type restaurant, but nothing special. I didn't go back, despite staying at the hotel right behind it for a week. Roast beef special with mashed potatoes, salad and peas cost around $14.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hempstead, New York
“Cant go 95S in VA without stopping here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

There arent many words to say...."Some Darn Good Food, Darn Good Service, Darn Good Place To Eat!".
We cant go 95S to VA without stopping at this diner. Breakfast is the fav for us! You wont be sad just too full to keep driving.

Visited June 2012
Plandome Manor, New York, United States
“Truly a Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I walked in there, Peggy the waitress quickly fluttered around to get me a good seat because the place was crowded. I hadn't had Greek food for a long time and was hungry for my country food. I ordered a Horiatiki (Greek country salad), Mousaka and a glass of Retsina wine. There was an elderly African-American couple sitting in the booth before me. The waiter, Irving came over to them. He was so kind. He treated them with so much patience and respect. It gave me a warm feeling about this place. After they left, and I was onto my second glass of wine, another couple came and this waiter was so patient and respectful to them again because they were I think deaf. Another waiter came and helped. (I didn't get his name) but the atmosphere in the restaurant is genuinely warm, and friendly and just kind hearted people in a business. In the world that we live n today, we get very little special attention. It meant a lot to me coming to see this place with my own eyes after the clerk at Comfort Inn recommended it highly. My husband and I owned a restaurant across carnegie Hall in New York for years. I have travelled everywhere and most of the time disappointed by the restaurant industry.This is a good place to eat.The food quality is good. I may never come to this town again, but I will never forget The Montclair Family Restaurant.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Edward P
New Bern, NC
“Good food, nice folks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Small mom/pop restaurant. Popular with seniors so food and value must be good. The menu has some good Greek dishes.

Visited August 2012