“Good place for quick meal; close to hotel”

Montclair Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a casual, family-type mom & pop diner with Greek specialties thrown in. The food was good, the service was quick, and the whole experience was just what we were looking for -- a reasonably priced place to eat a quick meal after checking into the hotel. I had a gyro and it was delicious...it's a little light on the tzatziki, so be sure to ask for extra. I wanted some of the baklava (it looked delicious) but I didn't see it until I was on my way out and I was too full by then anyway. Next time I'll save room for it.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice selection; good specials daily; convenient just off I-95 at route 234 west.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We always order the gyro here, and they are always good. We also like the zaziki sauce ( a Greek yogurt sauce), ask for extra to go along with your gyro.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stopped here one afternoon, on my way through town. The parking lot was empty, as expected at 3pm on a Monday. Inside I was greeted by an unassuming quiet interior, Typical of a family owned, Greek inspired resteraunt. I was seated at a corner table, which was comfortable enough.
I ordered the chop steak, (around $10) which came with two sides. I went with the classics, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. The portions were more than enough to fill a large appatite. Everything was satisfactory. Well worth the Cost.
I had a dessert of key lime pie, which surprised me with real whipped cream. The server was unsure, but I would guess this was made in house. I will certainly be back, the relaxed atmosphere is fantastic, especially For a single diner, with no place to be in a hurry.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Good portions for the money! Service was excellent, little to no wait for table and great variety of choices on menu.

1  Thank Christy M