“Great hotel for the price and value.”

Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Ohio
“Great hotel for the price and value.”
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on 04/29/2009 and glad I did. Staff was very professional and helpfull. Rooms were clean and the breakfast in the morning was right on spot.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Waynesville
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Location is perfect, just off the beaten path but still close to everything you need. I stay here 10-15 times per year and it's become the only place I will stay when in the Quantico area. Rooms are always clean & well prepared; staff is always exceptional, especially the girls that work the front desk in the morning. If I had to find something to improve on, I would say the thermostats... I always seem to have issues with the thermostats in my room, but it's always fixed by the time I return to the room on my 2nd night...

uofa2006
Reviewed April 25, 2009

A total of three of us stayed in the Comfort Inn in Dumfries, Va for five days (Sun-Fri). The front desk staff was extremely flexible with our travel plans, even with last minute room reservation changes. I would stay here again, mainly for the front desk staff, economy of the rooms and easy access to major freeways.

St. Petersburg,FL
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We were in town to visit the USMC Museum and stayed the night at this hotel. It was very comfortable and decorated beautifully. The breakfast was delicious. The hot breakfast of eggs and sausage was a plesant surprise. We were pleased to see that this hotel is a corporate sponser at the Marine Corps Museum.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nocorks
cape coral
Reviewed February 8, 2009

This Comfort Inn threw my disabled wife and service dog out as they were not a pet friendly Inn. They also attempted to charge my business account a damage charge of $250.00 and we just checked in the room by 5 minutes when we were ejected. They also charged my account $106.08 after giving me a receipt for a zero balance. I call thiis a violating of the Federal ADA laws and credit card fraud and I intend to file a complaint with the US ATTy in Va. Watch your wallet and your credit card charges. Comfort Inn Corporate Office did not care because this motel was independently owned.

• Liked — I liked Comfort Inn in general but not this one
  • Disliked — Lack of ADA laws and Credit card charge after receiving a zero balance receipt
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank tedCapeCoral
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed December 15, 2008

We went to the Marine Corps Base at Quantico to see our son graduate from Officer Candidate School and receive his commission as a 2nd Lieutenant. We needed a hotel near the base and this one was perfect. We payed $86.39 with an AARP discount and thought that was a great price. There are several other national chain hotels side by side here and they all looked fairly new.

Throughout our stay the staff was friendly and available. As others have said, the breakfast that was provided was very good with many choices. The room was spacious, clean and came with a microwave and a refrigerator.

We had to decide on staying either in Stafford or Dumfries to be near Quantico. We are glad we chose Dumfries. It was very easy to get to the base and we drove about 5 miles back toward Washington D.C. to the Potomoc Mills Mall area and found many great restaurants.

We hope to go back to the area to visit again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No problems at all
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Mugzy25
chesapeake, va
Reviewed November 6, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on 11/2/08. It was a very nice stay. Check in was a breeze. Upon entering the room, we got a very good first impression. It was fresh and clean, clean linens, clean carpets, etc. The continental breakfast was also very nice, with hot items such as bacon, sausage, eggs, fresh juices, pastries, and cold and hot cereals. The hotel is less than 10 minutes from Quantico National Cemetery. Also, Potomac Mills shopping area is also nearby. All in all, it was a great stay, and if I am in that area again, I would definitely stay there.

• Liked — a clean hotel that is conveniently located to shopping areas and Quantico National Cemetery
  • Disliked — none observed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Days Inn Dumfries Quantico
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
#2 of 15 in Woodbridge

Been to Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!