“Great can't wait for next time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico

Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dumfries
“Great can't wait for next time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great place very friendly staff very comfortable rooms good breakfast bar, good indoor pool and jacuzzi and it also has a gym very conveniently close to Washington and to the Potomac mall

Ps Mayra is great she answered every question I had very helpful

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travelingjorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was disappointed with my stay here after reading the nice reviews. It must have been the maids day off while I stayed here. The place would have rated better with me if the room was clean! A gummy bear was stuck on the table, glob of toothpaste on the wall by the sink, drip marks on the bathroom walls and the carpet was dirt. Check in was friendly, carefree and quick. The rest of the inn looked clean, just our room was dirty!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank CaptAllie
Leesport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before and loved it. This time we stayed here it and didn't love it. The rooms are clean and a good size. The whole hotel in general is clean and the staff has a good attitude. The downfall to this trip was the pool and hot tub. Both nights the hot tub didn't work and the staff didn't know how to work it. The pool was freezing. I remember the first time we stayed the pool was warmer. We picked this hotel because of the pool. The breakfast in the morning is good but make sure you get there early enough or you have to wait for food to be cooked.

• Stayed June 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed for a night and it was just fine. Everything was pretty standard or better for a Comfort Inn and our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was awesome with real scrambled eggs (kudos to the cook) and a special employee named Louis. Louis has a smile that greets you and he kept our plates cleared and had us laughing. We enjoyed his humor very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ballston Spa, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The only reason we booked this motel was because of the swimming pool. We were planning on staying here at the start of our trip and then again at the end of the trip on the way home.

So we were extremely disappointed when we stopped for our first night and the pool was closed. The woman at the desk said it would be repaired before we came back...and we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was indeed available!

(I would have rated them Very Good if the pool had been operational on our first visit)

The pool is great. Spacious, clean, and a nice temperature. The indoor whirlpool was nice as well. Plenty of towels available.

Our rooms were as we have come to expect from Comfort Inns...a little dated, but clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast buffet was standard, and we were happy with it.

You won't go wrong staying here, especially if a pool is very important to you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I came here driving a group of students for a visit to DC. Had to stay a distance away from since their budget could not afford anything closer. Luckily I had the HOV lanes in my favor that saved me alot of time on I95. Got to have 3 or more in a car.
Hotel was not bad at all. Sadly the hot tub was out of commission. The heated somewhat made up for it. There is a 24/7 gas station across the street where you can get adult beverages and other items. Some restaurants nearby also.
This hotel would be more convenient for folks needing to do business in Quantico than in DC. If you must drive into DC alone, you will be sitting in traffic on 95 forever during rush hour. Consider a close in property to save you the hassle. Otherwise I can recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank penguinlimo
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My stay started by having to wait at the desk for someone to come out of an office to check me in. I probably waited for 5 minutes before being served. As I walked to my room, the housekeeping staff had trash all over the floor. When I got to my room, there were no towels or wash clothes and the heat lamp in the bathroom didn't work. The hot tub was colder than the pool and there was trash in the work out room. When I came back at night I saw the night clerk sleeping through the office window. The only things I can say good was that the breakfast was good and the bed was nice. Other than that it wasn't a very nice experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jason C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Comfort Inn Quantico
Comfort Inn Quantico
#6 of 13 in Stafford
4.5 of 5 stars 70 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!