“2nd time here was not as nice”

Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before and loved it. This time we stayed here it and didn't love it. The rooms are clean and a good size. The whole hotel in general is clean and the staff has a good attitude. The downfall to this trip was the pool and hot tub. Both nights the hot tub didn't work and the staff didn't know how to work it. The pool was freezing. I remember the first time we stayed the pool was warmer. We picked this hotel because of the pool. The breakfast in the morning is good but make sure you get there early enough or you have to wait for food to be cooked.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed for a night and it was just fine. Everything was pretty standard or better for a Comfort Inn and our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was awesome with real scrambled eggs (kudos to the cook) and a special employee named Louis. Louis has a smile that greets you and he kept our plates cleared and had us laughing. We enjoyed his humor very much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The only reason we booked this motel was because of the swimming pool. We were planning on staying here at the start of our trip and then again at the end of the trip on the way home.

So we were extremely disappointed when we stopped for our first night and the pool was closed. The woman at the desk said it would be repaired before we came back...and we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was indeed available!

(I would have rated them Very Good if the pool had been operational on our first visit)

The pool is great. Spacious, clean, and a nice temperature. The indoor whirlpool was nice as well. Plenty of towels available.

Our rooms were as we have come to expect from Comfort Inns...a little dated, but clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast buffet was standard, and we were happy with it.

You won't go wrong staying here, especially if a pool is very important to you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I came here driving a group of students for a visit to DC. Had to stay a distance away from since their budget could not afford anything closer. Luckily I had the HOV lanes in my favor that saved me alot of time on I95. Got to have 3 or more in a car.
Hotel was not bad at all. Sadly the hot tub was out of commission. The heated somewhat made up for it. There is a 24/7 gas station across the street where you can get adult beverages and other items. Some restaurants nearby also.
This hotel would be more convenient for folks needing to do business in Quantico than in DC. If you must drive into DC alone, you will be sitting in traffic on 95 forever during rush hour. Consider a close in property to save you the hassle. Otherwise I can recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank penguinlimo
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My stay started by having to wait at the desk for someone to come out of an office to check me in. I probably waited for 5 minutes before being served. As I walked to my room, the housekeeping staff had trash all over the floor. When I got to my room, there were no towels or wash clothes and the heat lamp in the bathroom didn't work. The hot tub was colder than the pool and there was trash in the work out room. When I came back at night I saw the night clerk sleeping through the office window. The only things I can say good was that the breakfast was good and the bed was nice. Other than that it wasn't a very nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Comfort Inn at Dumfries is convenient to RT 95, Quantico Marine Corps base and multiple restaurants and shopping outlets.
The Inn was comfortable and clean. The amenities were just as stated. The indoor pool was spacious. The hot tub was functional and the workout room had upgraded equipment. The room was spacious and the heater/ac unit was not old or noisy.
The continental breakfast was ok with standard fare of meat product and scrambled eggs along with many other cold choices.
There's something to be said about a hotel that provides all the necessities while on the road. Kudos to the management.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill b
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Web connection was horribly slow pool very cold not usable hot tub very cool maybe 97 degrees at the most breakfast was good pillows very hard and small how hard is it to provide a good pillow would not stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Red Roof Inn Dumfries - Quantico
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate

Been to Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!