“Better than most other HIs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Dumfries
New York City, New York
“Better than most other HIs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have stayed at quite a few HIs around the world and this property is pretty clean and quiet. Has a big parking lot with free parking, has an in-house restaurant but haven't tried it.

We booked two rooms and the receptionist allowed late check-out on one of them, as they were pretty full that day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We were here visiting a marine in the family at qountico. Great hotel and service. Very clean and well kept. I will definitely stay again. Highly recommend. Close to base also. They also have a bar. Pool nice too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tony546
Klaipeda County, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Couldn't say enough about the staff at this hotel. They definitely made it worthwhile.

Rooms were spectacular.

Pool was wonderful

Conveniently located close to quantico

Close to Woodbridge for shopping and dining

Great place to stay for business or pleasure

• Stayed August 2013
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend and our party had a total of three rooms. Spotless room and comfortable bed. Rooms have a small fridge, microwave & coffee-maker. We did not use the pool which looked really refreshing and is open until 11pm. Small but sufficient work-out room. Really friendly and well-run front desk. If adventurous, take the 5 mile drive to Tim's Dockside for dinner on the Potomac (thanks Gregory for the recommendation). Skip the breakfast and go to IHOP which is IMO less than 100 steps from the front door (no exaggeration!). When calling for a reservation, the rep matched the Hotels.com rate - King room - full price, cancelable $149...I paid $79.99. Would stay here again if in the Quantico area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This area does not have many hotels and I was hesitant to stay at a Holiday Inn as my perception was that they vary in terms of quality. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was quiet as well and I slept well.

The only things I would have changed:
1) I did not arrive until around midnight and I needed to extend my checkout for an hour or two and I was only allowed to do so if I paid a rate for another 1/2 day. Not overly customer friendly considering I had the room for a short period of time to begin with- but I was glad I could use the room longer.
2) The window curtains hang about a foot from the actual window. This lets more light into the room than I like in the mornings.

If you need to stay in this area- this would be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I always perfer higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BrianO271
Machesney Park, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the Rolling Thunder Rally, over Memorial Day 2014. We enjoyed our stay tremendously. The customer service and front desk staff were very helpful, rooms were clean, and very comfortable beds. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because, when we returned to the hotel on Saturday night at 9:00 pm, we had hoped to have a nightcap at the bar before retiring to our room and the bar was closed. (It is supposed to be open until 10:00 pm). There was a lobby full of people, we were not the only ones disappointed. This was a missed opportunity for the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Moneta, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was just at this hotel for a convention. The staff was very pleasant, especially Gregory. He seemed to be there every time I had a question or need, and he was so cheerful and kind. I don't know when he ever slept. When I first arrived, I had just come from a day of touring DC and was very tired late at night. The bed felt wonderful. The pillows were like clouds. I liked the option that I could have ordered breakfast to be brought to my room the next morning, but I opted for the breakfast buffet. It was adequate for the price, but I would have expected the breakfast to be included for free with the hotel. It was a typical hot breakfast hotel buffet for $6.95, or I could have ordered from the menu. The restaurant was clean and the staff was very nice, but the food wasn't anything special. The convention space was too small for our group, and not enough chairs were provided, even after guests requested them. I wouldn't recommend it for a convention of more than 50 to 75 people, but the hotel room was very large and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!