Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Agoda.com
$73
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskeasy drivebus tripjob well donerestaurants and shoppingthese ladiestouring dccomfortable bedshousekeeping staffvery pleasant staywaffle housepetralobbyihopreunionmarinepillows
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I attended a Presidential Inauguration Ball and decided to stay near family. The hotel is in a great location and is right off the highway. It's newly built and everything looks great and smelled wonderful. The front desk personnel were friendly and allowed me to check in early. They do serve breakfast, but I wasn't able to get up in time.

There are places to eat and a strip mall within walking distance.

I'm in NOVA often and this will now be my home hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago and had the opportunity to be in the area and needing a hotel again, I also had a great experience during my second visit. The hotel smells really nice as you walk in and are greeted by the friendly desk clerk. Staff was all friendly. Beds are comfortable, room is clean and the coffee is good. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place in this area.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The front desk staff of Debbie and general manager Petra are at the top of the scale when it comes to taking care of their customers. We had four rooms prepaid with an online reservation for a two night stay. Unfortunately, our business meeting had been changed by one day, which required us to check in a day late. Unaware that once an online reservation is paid for there are no modifications allowed, these ladies went out of there way to make the change and provide us the rooms we needed. Thank You!!!! This type of customer service separates this facility from others. Keep up the good work! Thanks Again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I and our three children (ages 11, 9, and 6) had a lovely check-in with the nice lady up front, who gave us little check-in goodies; and the beds were nice (we had a cot rolled in for $10 extra); and the location was perfect for us. However, there is a horrible server in the attached restaurant who nearly ruined the trip for me. The advertising on the billboards says "Kids Eat Free," and we double checked that fact this morning at the front desk. My husband, before walking in to the restaurant with the kids, asked the front desk to confirm their "kids eat free" policy. They said "Yes, kids under 12 eat free," so we proceeded into the restaurant. My husband and I ordered eggs and french toast, and the kids ordered similarly, ordering french toast and eggs/bacon like us. The food was good. The server was not too friendly, but not too awful. She didn't say much, didn't smile much, but she was doing her job okay. Then, we got the bill. Well, we were surprised it was for 5 full meals. I got the server's attention, showed her the bill and said "Oh, but I think kids eat free, right? The bill charges the kids." The server then became very abrupt and rude. She said "Well, if you wanted THAT, then you have to order off the kids' menu." So I said, "But you didn't give us a kids' menu. How would we know that? We ordered from the menu you provided us, and all we know is, we were told that kids eat free." She then said "But they don't eat free off of THAT menu" (meaning the one she gave us) and continued to say "your daughter ordered off THAT menu." I replied "My daughter is 6 years old, and doesn't really read a menu. She ordered french toast because I ordered french toast. But anyway, so what if she ordered off of this menu? This was the only menu you provided the kids. How would we know there was another menu to ask for? Obviously we are a family with young children. Obviously, since your advertising is kids eat free, we are expecting that. How were we supposed to know there are two menus?" She rolled her eyes angrily said she would "try" to get it removed from the bill, but made us feel like we were trying to rob them or something. She did have the charges removed, but she was hostile and I felt almost in tears. I immediately went to the front desk and told the new lady there at the desk (different from the nice lady at last night's check-in) that the server needed to know that when families with young children were staying at the hotel and eating in the restaurant, that they would assume that kids eat free (without additional hurdles) unless explained to otherwise. We had done everything possible to get it right, including confirming with the front desk before eating, and that this server needed to be re-trained on how to approach families. The server needed to know it was her responsibility to provide children's menus and explain the program. The lady at the front desk wasn't interested in my stress at all, nor apologetic. She fliply handed me a card that read "How was your visit? When you get home, please share your opinion of Holiday Inn Quantico Center on tripadvisor.com/review it" and said to me "you can write a review." That was it. Such poor customer service. So here I am. I am sitting in the room of the hotel, reviewing this place, and I have to say, it is a mixed bag. The sweet blonde older last night was terrific, but today's server and the lady with the black hair at the front desk need to be re-trained in how to interact with their guests. Families with children should watch out!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KeoghTrio
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear KeoghTrio,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comprehensive review. I am pleased that you found our location convenient for your needs. I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the occurrence in the restaurant and service received from our staff. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done in the future.

Once again, thank you for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in 2012. I have always found it clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional. There is plenty of parking and it is well lite.

The last time I stayed at the hotel, December 2012, I did have an issue with the front desk staff. I arrived at the hotel around 4:00 p.m. and when I went to check in there was nobody at the front desk. I stood there for 3 to 4 minutes before someone from housekeeping walked through the lobby and found someone to help me. When the person arrived she told me she was faxing something. I did make the suggestion of moving the fax machine to the front desk area.

When there are OCS classes graduating at Quantico this hotel gets very full and can be a bit noisy but it is not terrible.

The hotel is about a 5 to 10 minute drive from Marine Corps Base Quantico which is why I selected it. My son was going through some training there and I also have a business reason to visit the base. There is an IHOP restaurant right across the parking lot from the hotel. Plus there are other decent places to eat within a few miles. There are drug stores and grocery stores nearby. They do offer some type of breakfast at the hotel but I have never participated.

The hotel is about a half mile from I-95 and Highway 1.

I will always stay at this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business