New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dumfries
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm a Platinum member and stayed here because of some business at the local Quantico Marine Base. It's nothing special and was somewhat disappointed to only get a small 4oz bottle of water and a handful of left over Halloween candy (in July) as my appreciation for being a Platinum member. Really? You really went all out on this one... Most now offer at least two (12oz) bottles of water. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very nice and I ate at their restaurant/bar which was good. The breakfast bar the next morning had the basics but I don't expect much from hotel buffet bars. I did have some billing problems at checkout and although the staff was as helpful as possible but the manager never returned my calls even after several days of inquiry.

Room Tip: Check your room bill before you leave.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear VATraveler6,

We noticed your post regarding the Holiday Inn Nice. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Motherwell, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am a platinium member of the Priority Club and picked this Hotel because it was near to Dulles Airport and on my route up from Virginia Beach to Portomac Outlet. We decided to use our status to get a late checkout (2pm) so we could get some last minute sun before flying back to Scotland, well that was what we hoped for! Debee checked us in at night and was fantastic, next morning we asked for a late checkout unitil 2pm and tld them I was a platinium member and was told by a tone faced receptionist no way all the rooms are booked and house keeping works till 3pm so you have until 12 to vacate the room. I managed to persuade them to let us stay till 1pm. So we had to make up 3 hours before we travelled to the airport.

Rooms were nice and clean and we got a good welcome for being a priority member then it all went down hill in the morning.

Pool was great and breakfast was free and enough - shame we were made to leave early.

Room Tip: Don't ask to stay on if you are a priority member chosse somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank wellwellsuperwell
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel is nice, as it is a new building. The room met our needs. They do offer free breakfast as part of the price, which was a nice touch. However, I didn't get to try the breakfast.

The bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were too small. Pool side of the hotel can be a bit louder in the evening, though the crowd during our stay was not overly obnoxious.

Room Tip: We had a room in the center of the building (closer to the elevators), on the 3d floor, and on the s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice, quiet, well appointed hotel with friendly staff. I missed the hotel when arriving; be sure to get in the left lane after coming off I95 and look behind IHOP to find it. The only disappointment (mild) was the breakfast bar - I would have liked plain bread or biscuits to go with the meat and eggs instead of sweet rolls. The shower had delightfully hot water instantly, which more than made up for any other shortcomings.

Room Tip: 4th floor was quiet and two elevators made access easy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wappingers Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

In May 2011 I began reunion preparation via phone and e-mail with Petra Carr, Director of Sales at the Holiday Inn Quantico Center. I live in NYS and had to rely on web site photos and hotel descriptions.

Upon my arrival at the Holiday Inn on May 24, 2012 I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel, the hospitality of the staff and the efficiency in coordinating the reunion.

The rooms were up to date and clean. Housekeeping staff were proficient and thorough each day which made my lodging very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was included with lodging which was a plus.

Petra Carr ensured I had everything I needed to run a three day reunion which included banquet room set-up, electronic hook-ups, food and beverages and last minute requests were fulfilled in an expediant and cheerful manner.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and staff and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking lodging or a place to hold a reunion. The professionalism of the Hoilday Inn staff made it possible for this reunion to be a huge success.

I especially would like to thank:
GM Angela Norville, Director of Sales Petra Carr, Director of Food & Beverages George Salmeron, Restaurant Supervisor Lisa Valego and her staff Krystal Harrison, Lisa Artenian, Francisco Villatoro, Tonya Banks and Savannah Cagle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Littleton. co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were here for 5 days. It was a wonderful experience. The staff (front desk to bar and wait staff) went above and beyond to ensure we had a flawless reunion. All we had to do was ask and it was done! There were about 70 of us and no one had any complaints. The food at the dinner was delicious, prime rib was melt in your mouth tender. The appetizers serve on Friday night disappeared as fast as they put them out. The Rose Garden Marines would give them an OUTSTANDING!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The Virginia Wounded Warrior Program and Virginia Commonwealth University teamed up to hold a couples retreat weekend at the Quantico Holiday Inn May 4-6, 2012. The facility was wonderful and the staff was hospitable, inviting, and very accommodating. The couples retreat went very well and everyone enjoyed their stay. I will recommend a return to this facility for future Virginia Wounded Warrior Program events.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
#1 of 16 in Woodbridge
5.0 of 5 stars 237 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!