“Great service above and beyond” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center

Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
New York City, New York
“Great service above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Rooms are very clean and new, good location close to 95 with Target and several restaurants close by. Breakfast and coffee each morning is also nice. Experienced amazing service from Rafael at the front desk, who graciously volunteered to assist with fixing a malfunctioning driver side window that had dropped down, exposing my car to the rain late at night. He truly went above and beyond in getting the window back up so my car was secure and not soaked with rain overnight. Would definitely stay here again on a future business trip.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a modern, very clean hotel with very good basic Holiday Inn service.

That said, I just cannot figure out why the Holiday Inn brand has a priority club platinum frequent traveler level. Quite frankly it is a joke. I have yet to get a room upgrade, much less even a good view. The room request in my profile is never followed and I almost always have to remind the front desk staff that I am in the top tier. In fairness to this particular hotel, it is a problem at every Holiday Inn I have booked. In D.C., the guaranteed room program did not work for a sold out hotel; in Florida the room assignment was actually the worst in the entire hotel - actually overlooking the huge exhaust vent from the restaurant and pouring food odors into the room.

Come on Holiday Inn. Learn from Hilton, SPG, and Marriott. If you cannot honor your own frequent traveler program than their are many beter options for that promote brand loyalty. At SPG, even at a lower tier (gold), I am always offered a room upgrade without even asking, there is a separate check in line, and service is excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewYorkCritic
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

This HI was standard for what I have come to expect from a mid-business class hotel. The room was extremely clean without smelling of bleach or deodorizer cover up. I always like having the coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge. Those come in handy when you schedule is erratic and you want to keep food around. Two of my great pet peeves were easily covered in that the room had A) both wired and wireless internet, and B) there was no charge for it. Big flat screen TV had more than the average number of channels, extra points.

The included breakfast was fine for being included in the price. I got to breakfast ten minutes into serving time, and quite a bit of the offerings didn’t make it out until I was finishing up. They may want to start that earlier. If you go, be sure and ask for anything you don’t see. There are no bagels, toast, etc to be found, but they will make it for you.

High marks to the staff on friendliness and helpfulness. The bar staff especially. We business travelers tend to get annoying after working all day then hitting the bar. The folks handle it well.

The only downside was my wake up call never came. It didn’t affect me, I don’t trust those things and set a second alarm anyway. And NOW you see why!

If I need to stay nearby again, this will certainly be my choice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Independence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I am currently on business travelling in Virginia. My last stay was at the Holiday Inn Quantico Center. I had not stayed here before, and I was very impressed with the service and the comfortable room. The lady at the front desk was very helpful. My room had everything I needed, including fast access to the internet. I enjoyed the service in the bar and restaurant. With the warm weather I was able to have my glass of wine on the patio. I was happily surprised with the free hot breakfast in the morning. I didn't know that this Holiday Inn was offering the free breakfast, but they told me they started this service a few months ago, Overall, a very nice stay. And the location was perfect. I jumped on I-95 and was at my next meeting right on time. Great service and Great room, I will definitely come back here when I have meetings in the area in the future.

Madison Heights, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel was beautiful--the rooms were lovely,large,and extreamly clean.The staff was super and DEBEE was awesome the kindest,most accommadating person that we have ever met.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back were very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

The hotel is very well apportioned, the rooms are large and nicely outfitted, and the staff is wonderful!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed here one night during a family road trip. The hotel is ideally located just off of I-95, not too close to hear road noise and still easy to find when you exit. The grounds are up to the Holiday Inn standards with ample parking that is well lit. We checked in on the later side and the front desk staff was great. She was busy with another guest and several times acknowledged me and kept me informed as to how much longer it would be until she could assist me. My room keys and information were ready and the check in was quite quick. The room was exactly what I expected. Plenty of space, clean, no odors or other problems. The bed, linens and pillows were comfy. It was very cold outside and the climate control in the room was spot on. We got a great nights rest! I would certainly suggest this as a place to stay for my family and friends.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
#2 of 15 in Woodbridge

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!