“Sleep Inn Done Right”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Omaha, Nebraska
“Sleep Inn Done Right”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Contemporary design, nice king bed, fridge, microwave, LCD Flat screen TV, wireless internet, elevator, express check out. Really couldn't ask for more from a hotel that is about $20 less then the surrounding properties. Breakfast is standard continental served in a bright room.
Would definitely recommend to the business traveler.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank T_and_M_travels2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Alburtis, Pa
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dumfries, VA- near the Marine base at Quantico- south of Washington, DC. The accomodations were top-notch. The room was outstanding! Very clean and spacious. It had a fridge and a microwave. The towels were very, very soft- spa-like! The breakfast the next morning was delicious- the food was very fresh and tasty. The staff was very accomodating. They gave me numerous options for dinner that night and helped me with local sites to see the next day. They also helped me with directions to my next destination- routes depending on my desire to see things leisurely or get to my next destination quickly. They also gave me weather reports for their area that day as well as the weather reports for the rest of the week for the next area I was visiting . Kudos to the staff and management for a job very, very well done!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor near the elevator- heard no noise from that. Also fronted on the park...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 3mcomp
Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This newly renovated hotel was very homey! I was very comfortable and was greeted by the staff everytime I walked in. The rooms were very clean and spacious and amenities were a added plus. All the staff were very customer orientated and assisted in every way. The fitness room was great and allowed me to keep up with my training plans. A Must stay while in Quantico or visiting the DC area!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRUUSMC
usa
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We travel a lot. It’s hard to find an all around great hotel… Sleep Inn was wonderful! Great location, easy check in and checkout, staff was very nice and helpful, clean rooms.… Absolutely no complaints! Thank You for making our stay so nice. We will see you next time through!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mom032
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed in the Sleep Inn Dumfries for a month, while apartment and house hunting. It has a great location for anyone commuting to DC for work. The HOV lanes are just north of the exit about 30 minute commute. The staff was excellent and friendly. They were helpful in providing suggestion for resturants, shopping, and attractions in the area. They had just done a top to bottom renovation of the rooms and common areas. The rooms were clean and good size for temporary living space for me and my family. Our room had a small dorm size fridge and microwave, so we were able to save money by not eating out. The continental breakfest was always good, loved the waffle machine. They have laundry facilities on first floor, very convenient. We suggest the Sleep Inn to anyone traveling through or moving to the area.

Room Tip: Go for the Second floor close to the middle far enough from lobby and road noise and close enough to...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyMan2003
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2011

After reading the reviews, we were hesitant to make reservations, but are so glad we did. The total experience was awesome! The entire hotel - lobby, halls, and room - were clean and decorated with updated style. It was obvious the staff payed close attention to detail. Everyone was so helpful - professional, engaging and extremely pleasant. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The location was perfect for our needs. We will definitely be back. I would recommend this hotel to any family looking to stay in that area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank EileenandTom
Reviewed May 20, 2011

When I was in VA in 2008, I checked into Dumfries, VA, but oh my god.... I have been travelling since 2000, but I have never seen an inn this bad. Even average inns are not this bad. In short, if you look up the dictionary definition of bad, a picture of this inn would on it. If you want me to be specific, staff members were just rude and ignorant. They don't even know the vincinity nor how to check people in... That should tell you a lot about them. Rooms were so dirty that I had to switch rooms 3 times. Mattresses were so uncomfortable and cleaning was very poorly done. Even the non-smoking rooms reek smell of cigarettes. When I ate breakfast, I was more hungry than I was before I ate it. The food is that bad and not nutritious. I was just waiting to get the hell out of there next morning told myself, "nevermore, nevermore."

In 2011, I decided to go to VA again but Oh my god… all was booked, but sleep inn... wonder why, right? So I grudgingly dragged myself, but... what...? Has hell frozen over? When I went in, the inn has been renovated from roof to basement literally. The wall has been re-done, and seemed refreshing. I saw that staff members have been replaced and were quite friendly and at least competent than the previous ones from my point of view. Ok you these are not the major aspects of the inn, but even though I didn't look at the room, I felt as if I will be staying at a completely different hotel than the one from 2008. The atmosphere of the room was also different; it matched the theme of the renovation, looked very clean and WAS clean. I laid on the bed and could smell the refreshing smell from the mattress. Also, the cigarette smell was gone, and there was nothing, but nonsmoking room. The breakfast had a tremendous improvements and changed menus to waffle, yogurt, and breads.

Take my 2 cents if you will. But looking at the room conditions, staff members, and service provisions, which are indubitably major factors of rating hotel/inn, sleep inn of Dumfries, VA, deserved 5 out of 5 from my experience.

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank DrunkApple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Courtyard Stafford Quantico
Days Inn Dumfries Quantico

Been to Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate? Share your experiences!