“I've had better” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Dumfries
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
“I've had better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

First impression was not good. As we opened the front door, all we could smell was stale, musty air. It was the same in the room. The person at the front desk was pleasant, but did not speak clear English, which is a problem, especially when my husband has poor hearing. He was also very disappointed in the continental breakfast. It is pretty bad when he came back to the room and could tell me everything available - 2 kinds of cereal, bread for toast, dry muffins and danishes, apples, juice that was very watery, coffee. Most continental breakfasts also have bananas, bagels & cream cheese, and a wider variety of cereals, as well as tea, hot chocolate and more than one kind of juice. Needless to say, we will not return to this location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I checked into my hotel room at 1am and got to bed at 2am only to be woken by a front desk person at 6:00am telling them to move my vehicle for no apparent reason. I was very tired and said "no" on the phone and hung up. They continued to call and call and call until I was forced out of bed. My vehicle was parked in a parking spot at the hotel but they needed a bunch of spots in a row for a delivery. I was extremely upset with only 4 hours of sleep. The front desk did not apologize and the manager (barely speaks english) was even ruder. They did not offer a discount but said I could stay until 12noon. Well, I had to be on the road by 9am and couldn't get to sleep after that debacle. They were rude and didn't care about their customers or customer service AT ALL. There was another person staying at the hotel who had to move his car as well and they actually pounded on his door at 6am. Regarding the hotel itself, the rooms are a decent size but very worn and dirty.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Dumfries hotels

Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel has improved now...... You would not find any other hotel at this low price.... I have been in this hotel several times and i did not see any bug there. They have changed there breakfast room.... its more spacious and well decorated now, although they do not have English muffins but their glazed donuts are delicious. I have no complaints with their customer service as well. Its a nice place for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Choose first floor room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Fairy L
Delanco,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here using an I-95 coupon book and expected little but a decent night's sleep. We were surprised to find that though the halls were iffy the rooms were recently redecorated and quite nice. It was clean and had a frig, microwave and free internet. The location was excellent. The only downside was the breakfast - white bread, Fruit Loops, glazed donuts. The addition of English muffins, better cereal, yoghurt, and jam would have made a world off difference to us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twenda
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Unlike some reviewers, I don't look at a motel charging bottom dollar and expect anything more than relatively clean, relatively quiet, and a bed I can sleep on. I have stayed at this motel several times, and have received just that each time. Not much more, I grant you, but then if I expect much more, I also expect to pay for that - at a more expensive hotel. When I prefer not to do that, I stay here.

Anyone expecting the A/V jacks on the TV or a real breakfast at the rate this place charges needs to take a look at the rate, and decide whether it's worth it to take a very short walk to 2 different restaurants who serve a good, cheap breakfast, with two more a longer walk or very short drive away, or pay a higher rate to get a slight upgrade somewhere else. And I have never had a problem with billing or their front desk personnel, either, except for a bit of a language barrier at times.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick C
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

microwave and noisy fridge in the room, with no iron or hairdryer. TV was so old it did not have audio and video plugs so as to connect my media player
enroute we called to make the reservation, but they would not honour the internet rate, so in their parking lot, I logged onto their website and made an online reservation, walked to the front desk and got the 10% internet discount
across the road in a strip mall are an IHop and a new Japanese restaurant - Nori express
request a room not fronting the main road

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

This was our only stop that was not researched and pre-planned during our recent trip. At what seemed like an otherwise safe exit, the lobby was locked at 10pm when we arrived. The hotel was not in very good shape, the door to our room showing signs that it had been pried open at one point. There were several "interesting" people loitering outside the hotel when we arrived so we quickly ushered our two year-old twins inside. The beds were comfortable, but we found both ants and other small bugs in our bathroom. When we checked out the "breakfast" in the morning, all that was available were the drink machines and two mini-muffins in a small plexi-glass container where the pastries obviously sit. Was it worth paying $30 less than the other rooms in the area? It's debatable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
#13 of 16 in Woodbridge
3.5 of 5 stars 41 reviews
Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Been to Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base? Share your experiences!