New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico

Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dumfries
Stafford, Virginia
“Help in the Nick of Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had a power outage in our neighborhood and after enduring two days of hundred degrees plus we decided to move into a hotel, where at least there was air-conditioning. The staff at this property went out of their way to try to help us even though many of the hotels in the area were fully booked. They even allowed us early check-in. Like most Hampton inns, this one was very clean and everything was in working order. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
West End, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Check In with 28 other Marine Corps League friends went quickly. Parking lot was a bit tight for our bus.
Pool looked inviting; dining varieties within close walk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recently spent a night at Hampton Inn with my daughter-in-law and 2 month old grandson. The staff went above and beyone what was required to make our stay enjoyable. The crib was in our suite when we arrived. The room was neat and clean. The staff were super with my grandson. It was an extremely pleasant experience. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed a few days at this Hampton Inn, the staff was super nice. Our room was very clean, spacious and up to date with decor and flat screen tv. The indoor pool and spa was so relaxing. We would certainly stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Coral Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have travelled extensively for nearly 15-yrs now and Hampton Inn is my hotel of choice. They have managed to infuse a culture of professionalism, a great product at competitive prices and availability (at least in major venues) is very good. I was travelling to one city so much that I even asked for a particular room when available....they accommodated me when possible. I had not travelled to this location in a while and because I'm usually in another area of the city I reside at a Hampton near Old Town, VA; this Hampton Inn in Dumfries/Quantico maintained their sterling reputation. The only thing I would change is educate housekeeping "NOT" to knock on the door when the "Do Not Disturb" sign is posted. But that's it...you just cannot go wrong with Hampton Inn and Suites...

Room Tip: ...stay away from room close to the elevator...this holds true for any hotel. Also, if you are part...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my Hilton Honors points and they really treated me well...so well that I decided to stay at the same place a week later on my return trip, even though it was an hour south of where I wanted to stay! Both times they were efficient and quick at check-in (it's nice to feel that you were expected) and the hotel was clean and well-maintained. I had a very nice king room on the first visit and a (free) upgrade to a suite on the second. The breakfast was well above average with a very conscientious and friendly attendant making sure everyone felt at home and had everything they needed. My only complaint (and one that I make at many hotels) is that the housekeeping staff started knocking on doors at 8:30am despite having the Do Not Disturb sign out. Other than that -- great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rochester NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife & I stayed here last week while traveling to the area for the Marine Corps Marathon Series Irish Sprint 10K.

We arrived Thursday afternoon and were greeted by Guillermo @ the front desk and enjoyed a complimentary fresh baked cookie while checking in. Check in was fast and we got recommendations from eateries close by. We ate at both while there and were disappointed by neither. Each offers a 10% discount off your meal if you tell them you're staying at the Hampton Inn.

Our room was clean, equipped with a clean refrigerator & microwave and had everything we needed. No problems accessing the complimentary wi-fi. Beds were comfy. We enjoyed that the hotel has a 7-11 right next door for any needed incidentals. Additionally, this hotel was right across the street from one of the two shuttle locations for the Irish Sprint... we enjoyed the convenience of that. It was also pretty close for our visit to the National Museum of the Marine Corps, a few minutes down the road.

We had a great stay. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico
#2 of 16 in Woodbridge
5.0 of 5 stars 260 reviews
Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center
Ramada Triangle/Quantico

Been to Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!