“Service is up and down”

Potbelly Sandwich Works
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Dulles
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let me start with I really like Pot Belly, especially when they moved into the Reston Town Centre years ago. I'm a brown bagger most of the time but at times we would leave the office to have some lunch with others and the options are not all that great for just sandwiches. Good price for good food. However, the few times I've visited the location in Dulles - near the Wegman's plaza - the service is at times SO slow when it should not be. There would be 3-5 people in line, and only one person making the sandwiches, with other employees doing other things - and these tasks never seemed to be important. Now, would you not try to get through the rest of the customers instead of talking away with other co-workers? Not that we were in a hurry, but come on. As a previous waitress, we were trained to make sure customers were taken care of asap. So, come on PB! You've got good food - don't ruin it with slow service! We visited this on a Saturday so not sure what it is like during the week. The Reston location works like a huge oiled machine - way to go!

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Potbelly do sandwiches and do them well. However they seem to have jumped on the breakfast wagon and in an attempt to compete with all the other breakfast providers have added "oatmeal".
It is not oatmeal. Clearly out of a package with water added and stirred into a gruel that is tasteless, lumpy and unpleasant
Big mistake IMO to try and fail so badly. Better to. It offer it than diminish the brand

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Lots of choices, fresh ingredients, customize your sandwich if you wish. Location was great -- in shopping center with lots of stores. Bread was fantastic.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I flew into Dulles (Washington DC) from Los Angeles for a three day business meeting. After landing I knew we had a three hour bus ride to our destination so wanted to grab something for the road. An associate who had flown into Dulles before suggested Potbelly and I'm glad he did.

The shop is small and has a two-price structure. No matter what sandwich you order the small is one price (about $5.90) and the large is a bit more. They also have salads as well. The set up is similar to a Quiznos in that you order the sandwich and chose bread and cheese. The sandwich is then toasted ending up where you choose what other toppings you want on your sandwich. They have bottled drinks (water, sodas, teas, and beer), a wide variety of chips, and some of the largest whole pickles I've ever seen.

I ordered the Turkey Breast while others in our party other kinds (Tuna, chicken breast, etc.). All of us agreed the sandwiches were very good. I liked mine enough that when I flew out a couple of days later I bought another to take on the plane. If and when I fly again into Dulles I will have no hesitation to going to Potbelly again.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Had a couple of vegetarian options. Not the best I've ever had, but a solid choice for lunch. In the Wegman's shopping center.