My husband, 2 cats, and I stayed at the Residence Inn at Dulles Airport July 5th-9th prior to moving overseas.
* New property – nice, clean, modern
*Beautiful room. We stayed in the 2-bedroom suite (after finding the one-bedroom at the RI Tyson’s Corner a bit cramped) and it was very spacious and comfortable. Each bedroom had a TV and the living room had a big flat-screen plasma HD TV. The suite had a full kitchen (large oven, stovetop, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, etc.) with all the kitchenware you need and a nice dining area. The sinks were outside of the bathroom. The bathroom itself with the toilet and tub was a bit small, but adequate. There were lots of towels and everything was arranged very nicely.
* Comfortable bed and pillows.
* Free breakfast and dinner. We had just come from the Residence Inn in Tyson’s Corner and this was a big improvement. Their dining area and food were much better and dinner included 2 free glasses of wine or beer a person! Tea was always available. They have take-out containers available (you have to ask).
* Large, elegant library with 2 computers with free Internet and printing.
* Safe in room
* Free Internet in room
* Friendly staff
* Pet-friendly (fee charged)
* Next to a big grocery store (Wegmans) and a Burger King, across the street from CarMax (helpful when selling or buying a car). They are building several other stores and restaurants in the Centre.
* Free shuttle – we took our cats to the airport via the shuttle and then another one taking us to the airport a few hours later. We were the only ones in the shuttle and the employee taking us was very nice and polite.
* The bedrooms each had one queen-sized bed rather than king-sized.
* Several parents used the library/business center as a babysitter, leaving their children for hours to play on the computer and watch television. There is no sign limiting time on the computer. Some kids were very considerate about letting adults use the computer when they needed to, but I actually had to get the front desk to intervene one time! A 10 or 11-year-old boy was playing on the computer while watching TV. I politely asked him if I could use the computer for a few minutes and he said no. We were doing last-minute things before our international move (our computer was shipped) and it was very annoying to have to deal with these brats. This is of course mainly the fault of the parents, but the hotel should put up a sign limiting Internet use when others are waiting and that adults have priority over children when urgent.
We didn’t use the indoor pool, gym, or small outdoor putting green.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again. The only drawbacks are lazy parents and the fact that the hotel is so far removed from DC/NOVA. I’d rate it a 4.5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre is located just minutes from Dulles International Airport, Dulles 28 Centre and along Route 28. Our hotel provides access to the area's top attractions. Amenities at our Dulles extended stay hotel include a fitness center, indoor pool and complimentary breakfast buffets daily. We also provide complimentary airport shuttle upon request. Guest suites in our Dulles, VA hotel include fully-equipped kitchens with granite countertops, luxurious bedding and free internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Dulles Airport At 28 Centre Hotel Dulles
- Dulles Residence Inn