“Best Value in the Area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
South Carolina
“Best Value in the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed for two nights in a 1 bedroom suite (1 king bed/pull out couch). The rooms are separate. The hotel is still new and clean. They have free breakfast, a pool table, put-put golf, and a library. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room had a dishwasher, flat top stove, and full refridgerator with ice maker. There was popcorn in the room and even a cute popcorn bowl. When we arrived, all the lights were on in the room, the air conditioning had been running and there was ice made and a pitcher in the fridge that was cold. The hotel is located in a shopping center that includes a grocery store, target, burker king, and some other stores. It was quite, but still close to many things.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I have stayed at this property many times and every time it has been immaculate. Everything is modern and clean and the suites are large. Huge TV that rotates to face the bed or the lving space. The hot breakfast is great. Location is close to Dulles 28 Center and Ferrari dealership and cannot be beat. Great Marriott property.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Residence Inn near Dulles Airport. This is one of my top 3 all time favorite hotels. The only thing to compare the rooms to is a mini apartment. The hotel was very easy to find with my GPS. It's set right next to a mini shopping mall, a Burger King, and a Wegman's grocery store. It was a very safe and well lit parking lot. The hotel still looks brand new like it opened a few days ago. The front desk clerk upon checking in wasn't the friendliest, most front desk personnel will at least tell you where the elevators are at but pretty much all I got was breakfast is from 7am to 10am....she didn't even tell me my room # but it was written on the paper with the room keys. This would end up being my only semi-negative experience during my entire stay.

Upon walking into the room I was blown away. It had a fully equipped kitchen with everything you would need to cook a small meal. It also had a small living room with a couch, a dining table, a flat screen HD TV and we had booked ours with a fireplace. Then in a separate area with a door dividing the two was the bedroom and bathroom. There was another TV in the bedroom. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. It wasn't hard like other beds you usually get, it was soft as a pillow. The bathroom was directly beside it, the mirror and counter were outside the actual bathroom with just the shower/tub and toilet inside the actual door. The shower had nice water pressure and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was free but we never took advantage of it. Also I thought I had read a review on here but that you had to pay for internet.....that is not true, they had free wireless internet and also at the desk area they had a place for free wired internet. Had great signal strength and a fast connection, never had any issues with the internet.

To summarize I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the Northern VA area and this is one of the best for a great price. If you are just in town for a one night stay and need something simple, this may or may not be the place for you. If you are going to stay for a week or so, then look no other place...this is where you want to be.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Alexandria, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

The manager CHANGED MY RATES after I had made the reservation and got to the hotel. I am handicapped and in a wheel chair and did not want to move again so I agreed to pay the higher rate. And a week later she tells me the courtesy van, which I had called and confirmed prior to making my reservation to drop me off at a nearby location, can no longer take me there....

... I had moved from a Residents Inn in Princeton, NJ and had called and made arrangements prior to my arrival... While in a wheel chair I had to pack all my belongings and move to a Holiday Inn in Herndon, VA...

...worst experience ever....

1 Thank mrbuckwas
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Situation:
- Family of 4 kids and 3 adults (kids 9,8,5.5, 3.5)
- stayed in a 2 bedroom suite Sunday thru Thursday
- Stayed on First Floor in a 2 bedroom Suite
- I travel to VA 3 out of 4 weeks a month, and never stayed here

Review - Rooms
- UNBELIEVABLE!
- They are new, so decor is awesome and updated; flat screen in "family room" and the 2 older boys stayed on the pull out coach and loved it
- Rooms are a little smaller than other Residence Inns, but plenty of room for all 7 of us.

Hotel Overall
- Kids LOVED the mini golf/putting green out front (just go to front desk and ask for clubs and balls)
- Kids LOVED the pool; The lifeguards are nice and stay out of the way, but helpful and there was plenty of room for us and others to "play." Even the little one was swimming in the pool
- Housekeeping and front desk are so nice.. they all treated us well
- Can't beat a fully stocked and fresh breakfast every morning; Family really loved this

Exercise
- really small gym, typical Springhill/Residence Inn size..
- could use another treadmill

Location
- great necessities close by (target, grocery store and quick dinner places); even made a visit to the PetCo for a little pet visiting
- It is a little further out that most places, but right off of Rt 28.. close to Dulled Shopping Mall, Herndon/Chantilly Areas and down the toll road from Reston and Tyson's Corner.
- Daddy and Kids loved visiting the Lamborghini and Mazaratti Dealership right around the corner.. cool cars

I uploaded pics from our stay at 2 bedroom;

Would highly recommend for families and longer term stays.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank markv972
saint john n.b.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

We booked directly with hotel for a rate of 74 (AAA). we arrived late after flight delayed out of atlanta . shuttle driver had left for evening, so hotel paid for cab out of dulles. hotel is situated in middle of NEW shopping area. very nice. we were greeted by a very nice front desk man, very helpful and professional. hotel is immaculate, well decorated and modern. room was a studio suite...well suited to our small family...very very nice, with flatscrren, granite bathroom etc...nice kitchenette. only regreat is that we couldnt stay longer to enjoy more of the amenities..would HIGHLY recommned!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bestofminors
Tri Cities
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of a 3 week roadtrip and can honestly attest that this hotel rates as one of the top two hotels/inns that my family and I stayed in. The staff were all very courteous and helpful, but I have to single out Matt who went above and beyond to accomodate my family from overseas.

I will not hesitate to return to this hotel when I visit the Dulles/DC area again.

• Liked — Clean hotel with new/modern furnishings and a great friendly staff
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trevso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre? Share your experiences!