“Best hotel in Sterling”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
Orlando, Florida
“Best hotel in Sterling”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I stay here every time I can when I travel for work. It's very nice, both the lobby and the rooms. When I came around Christmas time they even decorated the hotel some to get everyone on the feel of the season. The dinner is also top notch. They have a shuttle and they took me to the Dulles sure and space museum on an off day too! Only problem about the hotel is they often fill up the federal per diem rate and so you can't get a room at per diem. If you can stay there though do it!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every time I'm in town for work. Good location next to a wings place and close to shopping. Breakfast and dinner choices are limited. They're a little over zealous with the checking names before giving out the 2 free beers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MD
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here recently for 5 nights for business. The hotel was conveniently located with shops, restaurants, grocery, etc right in the same shopping center as the hotel. There was a free shuttle available to take you elsewhere (until 11pm). The rooms were clean and comfortable. I was surprised to see a full-sized fridge, as figured it would just be a mini fridge. It was nice to have a kitchenette if you wanted to cook your own food. The hotel offered a free breakfast everyday which was pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they offered a free dinner Monday through Thursday as well. Food for dinner was just ok, could use a little more selection, especially on soup/salad night as it was just lettuce and dressing. Better descriptions of what would be served for dinner instead of just putting "manager's toast" on schedule, that's not very helpful to tell me what kind of food will be available. Best part was that they offered two free alcoholic drinks with dinner!! Only other suggestion is I wish they could find a way for the room doors to close more quietly as I occasionally heard people's doors slamming shut. All of the employees at this hotel were extremely pleasant and friendly. Free wifi in the rooms was great too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wedowee, Alabama
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn Dulles! My husband and I had just returned from a week-long trip on an overnight flight to Newark and connecting to IAD. The flight landed at 7:30 am. We arrived at the hotel by 9 am and asked if it was possible to check-in. At reception the staff was exceptionally cheerful and checked for our reserved room. Our preference is high floor away from elevators. Only a first floor room was available near the end of a hallway. It was still perfect. We were also offered the breakfast buffet that was open until 9:30 am. It was great to get some good coffee and juice before taking a 6 hour nap! The hotel was quiet and had great darkening drapes. The hotel also has a complimentary dinner buffet with salad, a hot dish and desserts with wine, beer, coffee and tea. (We had stayed at another hotel pre-trip because they had free parking and an airport shuttle. Although this hotel does not have an airport shuttle, it worked for us picking up our car and driving about 3 miles to the Residence Inn Dulles after our trip.) We live in Georgia and had a 10 - 12 hour drive home the next morning and enjoyed the breakfast. Very nice stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
General Manager I, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel! We truly pride ourselves in our hotel, and on our exceptional staff and service. The Breakfasts and Dinners are definitely guest favorites, and they all delight in the variety of food. As a matter of fact, we do have a complimentary on-call Shuttle Service from 6am - 11pm, serving a radius of 5 miles around the hotel. While the shuttle is complimentary, it does require prior arrangements to be made. Next time you visit us, just let us know when and where you'd like to go and we will gladly take you there!

Again, thank you for the kind words, and we look forward to your return in the future!

Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Staying 4 nights for $89 a night in a room that's the size of a small house just can't be beaten. Everything feels new (and the mall outside has a number of units that are still waiting to open), the equipment worked flawlessly, the bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was clean the complimentary coffee provided was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive. Even at double the price (which I think is the normal rate) this place would be a bargain.

The breakfast was a standard hotel buffet. If I have to quibble at all, the "shop" that sells beers, chips and ready meals is very expensive - If I was doing it again, I'd walk across the car park to the Reymans store that opens at 6am and buy everything there at 1/3 of the price.

But don't let that put you off, this was a seriously good hotel at a bargain price.

One thing. I arrived at Dulles at about 10pm and waited for their shuttle bus - which didn't arrive. It appears that you have to call the hotel first to get them to come out. My fault, not theirs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn! Our goal is to make our guests feel as "at home" as possible, and we are glad to hear that you felt that way in your suite! It definitely is convenient having Wegmans right across the street with a huge selection of food, and Target right next door for any last minute amenities!
As you previously mentioned, we do have an on-call hotel Shuttle Service with Airport pick-up. However, we ask that you call once your flight lands so that we can make our way to the Airport to meet you at the hotel pick-up location. Next time you stay with us, you are welcome to schedule the Shuttle to pick you up, and we would be happy to!

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback, and thank you for choosing the Residence Inn!

Fairview, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is by far one of the best Residence Inn hotels I have stayed at. The hotel itself is nicely kept and feels new, the free breakfast and dinner food choices are great, and there is a nicely sized indoor pool. The workout room could be bigger with more machine choices. The location of the hotel is great with many food and shopping choices nearby. Hands down my favorite Residence Inn thus far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014

For the first time, I relied completely on Trip Advisor to help me find a hotel and it--YOU--did not fail me: My stay at the Residence Inn, Dulles, was a great one. It was a revelation to have a kitchenette for my stay, a clean, bright one at that--no eating out of a mini-fridge and microwave like a dorm room. It was righteously freezing outside and yet all was cozy inside, having an indoor pool all week was a nice luxury. Breakfast was included, a good one with great oatmeal available, and the Inn's proximity to a Target and Wegman's was bonus.

Room Tip: Sadly, the fireplaces depicted in the photos are not standard in the studio rooms. Not having one w...