Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
Syracuse, New York
“Nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

A great stay at the residence inn, dulles va. My stay was for pleasure. Met some friends as a halfway point from NY to NC. Very clean hotel. Comfortable beds is a top priority for me and they met this and then some. Rooms were very well furnished, with all that you may need for a weekend getaway. Morning breakfast is complimentary and it was very good. Making waffles is always a good time, and here you had your choices of syrups and fruit, with chocolate chips too. Yummy. Great stay all around and will defnitley stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank smatzke64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Moscow, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you have to overnight near Dulles this place is perfect, or if you are there for an extended period of time the units also have kitchens. We overnighted here in the middle of a trip and it was great. Clean, well-managed and conveniently located near a number of places. Will stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Renegade552
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Richmond. My husband had business to attend and it was outside of the crazy Washington DC traffic. It was a fantastic place. Very clean and in a strip shopping center if you wanted to find a quick bite to eat. Residence Inn also offered a very nice breakfast and managers happy hour with hoers dourves and a maximum of 2 drinks. They do offer a shuttle bus and my husband had to take the car for a business meeting. My son and I were left at the hotel - and the shuttle bus said they would take and pick us up from a nearby sports complex so that we could play miniature gold. Even better, the front desk offered us a coupon that no one was using which gave us even more discounts. The staff needless to say was outstanding and I wished I could stay another night. Another plus - it is near the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. Wonderful place to visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pagonick
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is about 10 minutes door to door from Dulles airport, and the hotel shuttle is very dependable and safe -- not a scary mini-bus ride like so many. Staff couldn't be nicer. A nice (real) breakfast, and a small managers reception most evenings.

What was useful were the many stores close by, so if you're on a long trip and wish to avoid yet another restaurant or need something, there's a really good and accessible (walking) selection of major stores and good grocery store very nearby, but not at all right on the highway.

Nice place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband stayed here for several weeks while moving the Space Shuttle to the nearby Smithsonian annex where it is now on display. I joined him with our son who celebreated his third birthday the week we were there. From the driver of the complementary shuttle at the airport to the employees in the dining area we were made to feel at home warmly! Very clean, wonderful kitchen area fully outfitted for cooking meals etc. Wonderful daily breakfast buffet. Boarders on 28th Center, a shopping area with plenty of places to eat including a Wegmans, which is a fabulous good market with lots of gourmet food and regular groceries as well. Indoor pool, outdoor covered grilling area with tables that my husband's colleagues used for grilling a few nights during their stay.
The morning staff at breakfast came out and sang happy birthday with a "cake" they whipped up with muffens and whipped cream complete with candle. Our son was so happy when they sang to him! The maid service did a great job keeping our room clean. Wish I had that service at home! When we were there we saw a large group of guests staying who were attending a local wedding. They also seemed very happy with the accomodations. We love Residence inns!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Somewhere in VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is normally my getaway for a quick, quite retreat away from home, stayed here at least 8 times or more; However, this past weekend I was a little disappointed. I celebrated my birthday here with a few friends, needless to say going to the jacuzzi/pool wasn't fun at all. The jets/bubbles in the jacuzzi wasn't working and the water looked very dingy, wasn't even hot in temperature. The pool was not in our favor either, so I called the front desk to bring us towels because there was none, it took every minute of the thirty we waited...good thing is was 100 degrees outside, we dried off quicker out there. Another issue was housekeeping who overlooked the sign on the door "recharging come back later" or something to that affect, she used her key opened our doors and startled us, out of our sleep...but she insist on communicating with me, when I told her to check the sign on the door...I then finally said 'get out' not to be rude, but my sign on the door from marriott says to come back later...geez! Other than those two situations, I'm always quite pleased about staying at this hotel, adjacent to the shopping mall with Buffalo wild wings, target, wegmans and an array of other stores. I always get a fireplace room which makes the experience much better. They have a barbecue area, putt putt golf, and poot table that we put to good use for the weekend. I'll be here again soon, because I can overlook the minor issues and know that my stay will be better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank QB628
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is excellent. The location is very convenient to Dulles Airport and there are many amenities very close by. There is a Target and Wegmens grocery store in the same complex as the hotel and you do not have drive to get a good meal (Wegmans). The hotel feels new and very modern with a great breakfast area and very attentive staff. The rooms were very clean and typical size for a residence inn. If you are working close to this hotel, anywhere in Sterling or Ashburn then you should be good here. If you have to spend too much time on 28 then it can be problematic. I would not recommend staying here if you have to go to Chantilly or even Herndon as you will spend a good amount of time on 28 in the morning. If you know the back roads then you will fine but 28 gets bad in the morning starting around 7:30ish. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre? Share your experiences!