New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dulles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic value and great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Dulles Towne Center this past weekend and loved it. It's a clean, trendy hotel and I actually wished we had more time to spend in the actual hotel. The rooms are very clean, good sized, and very comfortable. The value is unbelievable because we only paid $67 per night as a Marriott Rewards member to stay here and this hotel is on par with ones we've paid $200 a night to stay at. The people who work there are friendly - we got food downstairs and sat in the lounge area (a bit overpriced, but good). I tried to go to the pool Sunday morning before we left, but it's only open 10-10, they should open it at 8am for early risers. My only complaint is that the walls are thin. Our room was near the elevator and we were woken up early by people walking down the halls and talking at the elevator..oh and our neighbor puking.. The hotel is great, but you can't control the clientele. Location is really awesome too, love Dulles town center.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from an elevator because of the thin walls.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Dulles, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here for a family wedding. Nice lobby area for family to socialize. Room was clean and comfortable. Only question was - we had 10 sets of family members who registered to stay at this hotel. Many of us had connecting rooms but none of us were connected to each other. That would have been nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mendocino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is very convenient for our business at IAD. The staff is friendly and helpful and there is a great gym across the street.

• Stayed July 2012
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for business Trip. Very good atmosphere at the hotel I would recommend this hotel and will consider this for future stay. Nice Lobby

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chestertown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are long-time Marriott fans and love the rewards program. The Courtyard at Dulles Town Center is our favorite and is important in helping us with parent-care duties in the area.

We are retired and miss the buffet breakfast and relaxed atmosphere of the lobby. The service and food were wonderful and it gave us a time to relax and start our day with a fresh look at things. The new lobbies, everywhere in the Marriott system, are cold, confusing and impersonal. They are geared to being wired in more ways than one and are not conducive to relaxed conversation and downtime. The trend allows business/work to permeate every aspect of the facility, leaving little room for those of us who have put that lifestyle behind us.

I always look things over when we first check-in to a hotel and did not see anything about a dinner being available at Dulles Town Center. The posted menu is unappealing and gave me the impression that it and the whole room have been designed by a computer and should be run by one. There is one person behind the counter trying to do everything for everyone, with a message that efficient labor management appears to be precluding effectiveness. We have not purchased anything in any Marriott since the new lobbies have been introduced.

We have rarely had any complaints about rooms, noise, pools, work-out faciltiies and the front-desks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

While I often stay at Courtyards for business travel, I was very pleased with the service and ammenities at this property during a recent stay that included my two young children. The attendent at the Bistro was very helpful in catering to the tastes of my children. I found the pool to be both safe and clean. And the staff found my son's stuffed animal and returned it to us before we even knew it was massing. Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here after the big storm here in Northern Virginia blew out all the power. The hotel is very nice and modern and clean. I was surprised that there were only two front desks in the lobby and the line was very long, which I understood because of the storm. I reserved my room online but a room was not ready so I waited about 15 minutes and they got me a clean room and thanked me for my patience. The two ladies in the evening at the front definitely seemed overwhelmed but they were kind nonetheless. However, my checkout experience wasn't the best. Our power came back on so I decided to check out the next day instead of staying two nights and the morning shift front desk was not so nice. She said they had alot of early check outs. I was still being charged for two nights when I cancelled my reservation and she simply stated "I don't remember you coming down here to cancel". As if her memory is that precise and accurate among tons of early check-outs as she indicated. She seemed irritated and annoyned and said she would give me the money back for the extra night as if she just wanted to get it over with. So my experience went kind of downhill towards the end. However, the hotel is nice and the bed was comfortable. The amenities were new and decor modern. I think they need more people so things are more accurate and their current employees are not so overwhelmed and show frustration and attitdue all over their faces and in their voices.....just my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dulles
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at Dulles 28 Centre
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Courtyard Dulles Town Center? Share your experiences!