“Fast Fun”

Allsports Grand Prix
Ranked #8 of 27 things to do in Dulles
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A different type of experience - but definately worth the experience. Very fun.

There are newer reviews for Allsports Grand Prix

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We went here with a group of adults (40-50 years old) and had a ball. I was slightly nervous at first but we all has such a great time. It's very safe and the owner explains the rules in great detail before you hit the track (even though he has a very thick French accent and can be difficult to understand at times).
We rented the place for ourselves so were the only ones on the track the entire time we were there. Good fun...try it out!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a great indoor go-kart place for friends or parties. The more people you bring, the more fun the experience because you have more people out on the track at the same time. The go-karts are kept in great condition and very fast. You can go here year around which is great for something fun to do on a weekend. Make sure to check the schedule or call ahead to be sure they don't have 'team' practice scheduled when you want to go.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Allsports is one of the most fun places to go in Northern Virginia and is great fun for family, friends and colleagues. I usually make plans to go with groups of friends and do my best to trounce their lap times.

These go karts are the real thing and they take lots of skill and practice to post a good time on their track. For people like me this is a fun afternoon out, but it’s a serious sport for many who are always striving for that extra tenth of a second off their time.

Most everyone is driving Allsports’ 6.5 HP karts, but members who post qualifying laptimes can race their 9 HP “Super Karts.” Some of the world’s greatest race drivers like Michael Schumacher got their start racing karts similar to these.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a very expensive activitiy, and planning is probably the key to having a successful visit. We came on a weekday, in the afternoon, and we were the only customers there[a corporate group]. I can't imagine trying this with random strangers zooming around and impatient people waiting to get onto the track.
We showed up, got our suits, attended the driving & safety class, found our helmets and started our heats. We were divided into two teams (6 people and 7 people) that drove in succession. We had registered beforehand and given AllSports our drivers license information and selected racing monikers. Scoreboards kept track of our times and positions.
The racing was a blast! I had never done it before, and I felt adequately briefed by the staff for safety and strategy. The cars are simple to operate. They offer driving safety classes for children and I want to arrange for my grandchildren to participate in this activity.
Take water and expect to need it; it's important to stay hydrated, even if the weather isn't extremely hot. This is a covered track, but it's open on the sides. I don't recommend it if the weather is hot. It's noisy. There's plenty of room for spectators. Ample parking.
Have fun - and follow the track rules!

2  Thank LovesHippos